Forums

Help › Forums

Re: THE RYDER CUP

Sat, Oct 9 2010 10:16 AM (37 replies)
  • stencil
    455 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 2:09 PM

last time i checked everyone was killing pavin for putting two rookies together in Overton Watson. They kicked butt. If they would have went 0-2-0 all yall would have been rippin pavin for that. If DJ and Phil would have went 2-0-0 yall would be praising him. "ooo he's a genius for rookie rookie pairing and long ball pairing". Bt he didn't so yall are whining. If U.S.A would have won yall would be saying that the calm demeanor of Pavin kept the team steady so they didn't get to high or low, and get disappointed with one bad hole. So this is what happens in all team sports related conversations on espn. If Andy Reid would have not played Vick and put in Kolb and they would have done well, "o hes a genius for sticking with his guy". So don't blame it on Pavin. If zinger would have lost with his pod system he would be dumb in yalls eyes so it all on result not concept. I like Pavins calm attitude. And for all yall saying he was boring yall don't know what he was like in the locker room. And when you are down 3 pts. why put tiger and Phil at the back of the lineup. Who knows if Pavin would have done that maybe the cup is over by the 8th match. So you wasted Phil and Tiger. THen yall would be killing Pavin for that.

All the Pavin haters look at more than the result.

• johnmortimore
    2 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 4:10 AM

anyone who is dissing pavin has no idea, he led by example i was at the event and managed to shake his hand a true gent who nearly pulled it off for team usa

• skuffer
    1 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 3:54 PM

are you serious about the food ? i've been to the USA twice. most places are all you can eat for a fixed amount !! the most fatty food you will ever have. no wonder 90% of yanks are obese... as for the ryder cup..... best ever... both captains & players were awesome.....

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 9:25 PM

I don't hate Corey Pavin nor am I dissing him.

It's just my opinion...I personally never would've pick Justin Bieber...er..I mean Ricky Fowler.  (The Captain had 4 picks this year as per the usual 2) ...some of Fowler's mistakes in foursome were very costly...(although he will now be remembered for the 4 birdies in a row to halve the singles match)

The session 3 pairings were a disaster ( weather related too.)...the Cup was all but lost at that point.

Mahan didn't lose the Cup for us but he should've never been the player going against GMac...The 2010 Celtic Manor Wales Open and U.S. Open winner no less. 

GG...Handshake

• strokes11
    19 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 6:16 PM

skuffer:

are you serious about the food ? i've been to the USA twice. most places are all you can eat for a fixed amount !! the most fatty food you will ever have. no wonder 90% of yanks are obese... as for the ryder cup..... best ever... both captains & players were awesome.....

Actually a recent study that came out showed that Brits are more obese than Americans.

Come at me, bro.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 11:36 PM

Hi All,

I think what people need to understand about the Ryder Cup or any other team event, is that  " YOU WIN AND LOSE as a TEAM "  - right ?  I dont get all this finger pointing stuff.

Both teams were excellently prepared, had some of the worlds best golfers on board - it doesnt get any better.

I just thought personally, that the Europeans were more passionate about it, and to my way of thinking wanted it more. End of story.

Hey - jmo thats all.

Cheers

Doug

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 12:28 PM

l agree. Passion and the will to win, europe had it in spades. every player wore their heart on their sleeve and gave their all for the cause.

the 2010 Ryder Cup was golf at its best, played with the true spirit that marks our sport as the most honourable and noble of sports,  and played by gentlemen. like in any sport there has to be a winner and a loser. the winners gloat in triumph while the losers lick their wounds, we wouldn't have it any other way. us europeans will enjoy the next two years and keep reminding you americans who won. i'm sure the usa will have the passion and fight to  try and win back the cup on home soil in 2012. all i can say is

BRING IT ON

• PRIESTESS
    10,700 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2010 10:16 AM

Well i havent seen many 150lb hambugers in this country.:)

RSS