10,879 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 9:46 AM

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 9:55 AM

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 10:20 AM

the coin room method of tiering up is likely a combination of levels and coins won. OR combination of levels and games won against higher tier players.

I "think" that the level 111 is a check box in this for Champion tier. as to whether it's coins or wins against higher opponents or both that also have to be checked off i don't know. 

half a billion coins might be a number but that really is a WAG.

• YouLostToALoser
    189 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2021 4:30 AM

I know this is late, and don’t know if it’s been rectified, but I tiered up (with an Eagle on the Last hole (9th St Andrews), to reach under 61 and was tiered up from Tour Master to Legend immediately after the round. 

Not sure for Tour Master as I thought it was based on Levels, or more precisely, didn’t think that far ahead or in much detail about it at all, I was just playing.

But certainly up to Pro is Level, and Legend is Average although other routes are available...coin rooms etc.

I’m a low handicap golfer (4 but been below 1, but not to scratch. Sounds strange if you don’t understand the handicap system but I was 0.7, so 1, but under 1 ;).  ) so like to play stroke round tournaments.

Maybe once I reach at least Tour Legend but ideally Champion, I’ll start messing about on the other formats. Play coin games for sponsors and occasional Turf War to help my club out. We’re only Level 12, so I think we should concentrate on getting Levelled up and attracting some Tour Legends+ (we have none, just 12 Legends, 6 who became Legends as long standing members, which I joined on my 2nd day October 6th, and club started July, both 2020.

But a lot of em, especially the Masters in the 90’s love them. I’m 92 but worked hard to get there, only spending £13.99, one for balls which I would have won a Showdown with but for my internet glitching and so 3 bogeys, and once recently as the track through the 90’s is gargantuan (not the best word for the context, but works and always wanted to use it in a written sentence lol)

Sorry, Imhave a proclivity for long messages/replies. I’m a failed before I started writer. Love writing, it’s a hobby.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2021 11:14 AM

Congrats to achieving Legend!

Obviously, you were promoted by average (61.000) with a minimum of 50 TM rounds right after the round you mentioned.

Your observations contain correct elements but mix them up at the same time.

I see two general paths to tier up:

- the "traditional" way by average and "saturation", which has been part of the Flash game for over 10 years, with some extras: "credit winnings" and "winning against higher tiers".

- the way by level and achievements in "mobile" games, which applies to those (mobile) players who do not play sufficient ranked strokeplay rounds (RR).

Both go from the lowest to very high tiers, but only the strict path via RRs is transparent to us users in it's maths.

It's very much hidden how progress may be working out in both paths intertwined.

OTOH, your CC probably doesn't need any higher level, and with active members using their free(!) CC passes, will continue to rise.

Enjoy the game!!

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2021 8:08 PM

A lot to say here.  

First, for the traditional players and with the sort of new expansion of saturation for average from 200 to 500 rounds ... that means, leaving aside the 50-100 elite players (not all of whom are TC), the traditional players (those who focus on ranked 9 or 18 rounds) from TL-TC is more or less equal. 

But if you really want to know, one cannot rely on average.  One has to dig into the type of rounds played and scores.  That has always been true.  Many of us know players who only play from short tees.

With the coin players, that is a new world for me.  Goofing around in coins today, I played a TC with a 150 average ... NO REGULAR rounds ever played.  So WGT has made some accommodation for them.  I don't know what it is.

I am sure none of those coin players can beat most of us traditional players in a 9 hole round when they have to use normal or real clubs.  

2 different games on same platform now.  So it goes.

Tom.

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2021 8:14 PM

YouLostToALoser:
    Maybe once I reach at least Tour Legend but ideally Champion, I’ll start messing about on the other formats. Play coin games for sponsors and occasional Turf War to help my club out. We’re only Level 12, so I think we should concentrate on getting Levelled up and attracting some Tour Legends+ (we have none, just 12 Legends, 6 who became Legends as long standing members, which I joined on my 2nd day October 6th, and club started July, both 2020.

Follow up to the last post.  

WGT is one of if not the best simulation golf game out there.  So do you want to play a version of real golf or do you want to play coin games.

Take the time to learn to play with realistic clubs or play with coin game enhancements.  Have enough time to plan your shots or wing it.  Earn your way up by scoring low real rounds or don't bother.

If you choose the former it takes a lot of work to get good.

Your choice.  

Tom.

• YouLostToALoser
    189 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2021 9:37 AM

jacktrade51:

YouLostToALoser:

Follow up to the last post.  

WGT is one of if not the best simulation golf game out there.  So do you want to play a version of real golf or do you want to play coin games.

Take the time to learn to play with realistic clubs or play with coin game enhancements.  Have enough time to plan your shots or wing it.  Earn your way up by scoring low real rounds or don't bother.

If you choose the former it takes a lot of work to get good.

Your choice.  

Tom.

Thanks Tom

I réalisé the work it takes, but once I learnt what was required and how long it takes, I decided to get to Legend before 94ish, as I was 87mTMaster and had a 64nav alredynwith almost  at saturation, already. This  will give me the opportunity to give myself time to play with the free ball, and concentrate on striking (or consistently of dinging) and my short game, all in Tournements for the most XP’s (I play 1st round of the day best of Par 5’s with a pass, so I, as well,as my club, get the most. It’s not counted in my age so I play fast with the ‘fast foreward’ button usedmon every shot.

I figure that eventually, we all end up on the back tees, if we play long enough, so get there, then the courses never change and I can learn them all. Some holes are very different.

I managed to get to Legend the day I levelled up,to 90, and only used a few Callaway 33’s and 1 TM 48 (recommendations from a player who qualified for,the Final,10 in the monthly Tour at L98 and a Tour Legend. 

He thought similar to me, but recommended thenTM 47 but the 48 has more distance and the other moremspin. Off the backs, I figured distance as the spin with the clubs I’mmgetting, and my wedges, is plenty. (Callaway 97 from 85 Irons. Callaway 67 56° (100yds) and 60° (80 yds) and just bought the Titleist 80 64° replacing my Cleveland L7, rest club but the new one is just superb.

So, I’m using from 90 to 97 to practice asmI said (played 600 RR’s with 18 holes a lot more than 9 holes, just when other players make Tournaments, I play so I’m not just playing my own and filling up the Competition page with too many. Onlyn10- 20 people play, and so most we have up at once is 6-8. Don’t want it to look like I’m using it as my personal practice feature, even that’s what I’mdoing essentially.

So, I know how to get 150cr everyday, I’ve worked out how long it will take me to get to L97 for Driver & Irons, probably L94 Callaway 100 yd wedge. The 60° only goes 75yd so I’ll stick with what I’ve got. Plus a decent cushion formBalls. Prefer TM48 obviously, but 400cr, but Callaway 33 is very good at 250cr. Compared to Titleist, they’re cheap in comparison as Titleist are sold at a premium. Don’t fall into these ‘traps’ is what I’ve learned. Bridgestone are good but duriribility of 1 ( both my Ickes are 2.5, the highest there are...with many others of course).

So, knowing roughly how many days it’s going to take, times by 150 and that’s the credits I’ll have. Enough for the Driver, Irons, Wedge and maybe putter (got L70 Titleist, so either M1 or M2 that’s the same one L98 (I think). From there start playing, mapping my clubs as I won’t be changing them again, except drive (101 Titleist) and 3 wood (99). 

But as long as my irons And wedges are known to me and I’m confident of the consequences of dinged as well as misshits are I can play smarter, so my misses don’t put me in impossible positions, I’ll be good to go.

I have 2ntop 10’s and another Top,100’s as a Master, never played comps before then as my first Ranked Round was Marion as a newish Pro thinking it was short, shot 84. So took notice of the green marker in coin rooms, now I know Tourny greens ~75%, Fast ~ right, touch under, slow, smash it. (Championships are not as known, but shot 65 around Chambers on them, so I know I can do it.

That’s the plan, “ until I get punched in the face” as Tyson said quite wisely. But I enjoy it and love a good challenge. Take my mind off other stuff like work...

Sorry about the length but when I write, I’m reinforcing what I need to do OFF the course, so I can concentrate ON the course as I know what to buy and when without thinking about it. It will be so enshrined in my mind, I’ll do it automatically.

Writing it out helps that process. It’s a known way to get things organised in your brain reinforcing it and easier to notice flaws or mistakes.

We’ll get an idea how my strategy works out this time next year.

Thanks for reading (if you’re reading this, I’m presuming you’ve read the whole thing, or at least skimmed through the main points. I’ very tired after 30 rounds and 3rd place in Platinum ll only playing sponsored matches, then, with an hour to go, was 32,000 behind 3rd (1st gets most, then 2nd less, 3rd less, then 4th to 10th get a lot less, all the same. So played a 10k game, plan of I lost, take the 5th, but I won, so had 2 chances for another to get 3rd. Won the 1st try.

So my brain is a bit like this reply...a little discombobulated 😕 

• StoolMcBowel
    11 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2021 10:00 AM

Just a note from my experience rising through the tiers in the last 6 months.  I'm a TM with a 64.14 average, about 10 rounds from saturation.

In the "coin" or "apparel" games, WGT pays attention to your potential driver length and tries to match you with someone of similar length.  I've tested this by changing SE hats (I have three, upgraded to various % length improvement.)  

SO -- If you're playing from the amateur tees, for example, and you shell out to buy a longer driver, wear the SE cap, use some longer balls, etc. WGT is going to jack you up a tier to the longer "pro" tees.  Don't want to get jacked?  Be careful about your driver length.  

If you're playing from the "Pro" tees be careful about pushing your distance -- getting jacked to Master tees before you're leveled up enough to buy a 282yd driver can make for long approaches, with medium-trajectory irons.  You'll get some practice trying to get up and down anyway . . . lol.

The players I see at 80-90-even 100 level who are still Tour Pros are almost always playing WGT clubs, cheap or free balls and are not-long drivers.  The Masters at these levels have upgraded a little to compensate for the longer tees, but they're definitely not bombers.  If I want to play Legends and other long TM's all I have to do is jack my driver length with a hat.

The better you get at this game, the more it is like a video game and less like IRL golf.  I was having a blast playing with inferior equipment and balls at lower levels because the drama looked a lot my IRL golf game.  I suspect that some players who advanced discovered this too and started second accounts so they could go back and play WGT's classic courses more like they would IRL. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2021 6:21 AM

StoolMcBowel:
    In the "coin" or "apparel" games, WGT pays attention to your potential driver length and tries to match you with someone of similar length.  I've tested this by changing SE hats (I have three, upgraded to various % length improvement.)  

You are most definitely wrong.

Casablanca gets a lot of higher tiers during showdowns. Me included. I played multiple lower tiered  people that i was out driving by 20-50 yards. 

RSS