Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Flop Shots push Right.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 5 2009 8:35 PM (8 replies)
  • WaterTrap
    95 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 11:25 AM

Is there any reason why flop shots come off the club face pushing really far right?

Even with a perfect hit, the trajectory is way way right.

Thoughts?

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 1:23 PM

Open Stance?  Aim left.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 1:29 PM

and open face too

• WaterTrap
    95 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 2:18 PM

The same should happen then for the pitch and the chips.  While I know the "solution" is to aim left  I am asking if this is intended behavior as this is the only shot it happens to behave as such.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 2:32 PM

Hey WaterTrap...  I really suck at real golf.. but in all my years of playing I have never left the face open on the chip or bump-n-run..  maybe that's my problem? 

Although I can count on my bumps to get close.

Cheers

• Flyinturtle
    262 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 5:13 PM

ive noticed they push more than they used to. but it is usually when im on a up hill lie so i figure it was that.

• spikel
    100 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 8:11 AM

For a pitch, you leave your stance square and your face square too. When you flop, you open your stance, open the face, and take a big inside out swing at it making the ball fly right.

• WaterTrap
    95 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 8:21 AM

The issue is not how others play the shot on a real course.

If the 'target" points to a certain location, and I hit a perfect shot, I should expect it to go to said location.  If the flop pushes right, then the computer target should account for that.

The issue is that the target (save for the wind) should represent about where a perfect shot should go.  Why is it ONLY the flop that does not do that?

• RAH1950
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 8:35 PM

I think its just the program. Kind of reminds of Tiger 2000, especially the greens and putting.

Maybe they just bought the old program, and re-nav'd it to this course. But nothing in it

is actually like real golf.

Also a flop, is a big outside to inside swing, with club face open.

RSS