Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Pro Shop Equipment Tables

Wed, Feb 28 2024 6:21 AM (552 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2023 3:18 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I would've put them all in "WGT Promotion Balls" and let players select from that category, just like the way we choose colours for some balls.

Nice idea Simon, but you know if WGT coded that, the side effects might be undesirable...

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2023 3:25 PM

ScottHope:
    Nice idea Simon, but you know if WGT coded that, the side effects might be undesirable...

You're absolutely right, Scott. I thought so, too... just didn't mention it.

The image above, now that's spooky!

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 4:50 AM

Pro Shop Tables

Tables updated. What's new is blue and what's red is ded.

Balls, balls and more balls. Oh, and the odd club.

⇩ EDIT : We are just a couple of oddities that like spreadsheets and lists, lol. Thank you Simon, we do our best to keep 'em rolling in the aisles. ⇩

⇩ EDIT 2 : Never thought my back-ups would be in Canada, hehe.  : )) ⇩

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 8:11 AM

You're one of the few who make the forums still worth a visit. Can't thank you enough for all you do for the community. 🙏 Cheers, Scott.

⇧⇧ EDIT : Yeah, a huge fan of yours, bro! ⇧⇧

• BlackBogey
    250 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 6:30 PM

Add me to the list of fans who are extremely grateful for all your hard work in keeping this updated!

One question - I haven't read through all 51 pages to see if it has been asked/answered so forgive me if it has, but I was wondering why all the Titleist wedges are listed as "MAKE: Callaway"?  I was just noticing this as I was trying to filter to do comparisons between my current Titleist 64* wedge and the soon to be upcoming to me TM 64* and it caught my eye.

Thanks again for all the effort you put in!  

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2023 1:12 AM

Thank you very much for pointing that out BlackBogey, looks like it's been like that for over a year, oops.

Thanks for the kind words too BB and I'll correct the error right away.  ; ) 

• PedalBob
    9 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2023 1:04 PM

First off, thanks ScottHope for the very helpful info you dish out daily.

Is there any way of getting the exact club yardages of an iron set before buying (eg. PW=115yd, 9Iron=130yd, 8Iron=145yd.... etc)?

I do all my calcs in my head, so any clubs that have random yardages (eg 138yds) makes it more difficult.

It's the same reason that I avoid any apparel items that add to your 'iron distance'

Thanks

• GreenLaser
    172 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2023 10:03 PM

I can tell you what my current irons have. They are L85 Callaways.

3-I = 220

4-I = 205

5-I = 190

6-I = 175

7-I = 160

8-I = 145

9-I = 130

PW = 115

I wouldn't mind knowing the yardages for the L97 Callaways. I do mental calculations, too, and I'm approaching L97.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2023 1:32 AM

Cheers Bob, that's very kind, thank you.

I suspect that all the irons of a set are equally spaced. So if you subtract the yardage of the pitching wedge from the 3 iron and divide that by 7, you'll get the spacing between each club, give or take a yard if the division doesn't give you a whole number.

• GreenLaser
    172 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2023 9:45 AM

Posted something else but I see what happened, so nevermind.

By way of Solarflares posting on my wall. Thx Solarflares, btw. Thought there was a big gap between a couple of clubs, but i think he just missed the 5 iron. I'm assuming the 5 iron is 195.

"Callaway irons" 

120-135-150-165-180-210-225.

RSS