Help › Forums

Re: Pro Shop Equipment Tables

Tue, Apr 2 2024 2:02 AM (559 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2020 8:11 AM

pdb1:
    I ran across that gif a couple day ago

No worries Paul. Any port in a storm etc.

• Coachcasa
    786 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2020 8:32 AM

I just came across your spreadsheet and as a spreadsheet nerd, this is very impressive!  Thanks for doing all of this work and sharing. It's great to be able to see a list when I'm looking at new equipment.  I do have a few questions for you:

1. In the putter tab, what are the columns that are to the right of meter speed and have headers that are numbers.  I haven't figured that out yet.  

2. I'm Tour Legend at level 92 and do alright, but at this level, improvements are much harder to come by and I'm looking at tweaking my equipment, especially in the putter and ball departments.  What I'm trying to figure out is just how much .5 on a stat for equipment makes a difference.  Since you've done all of this work, I'm presuming you know a lot about the equipment on here.  For example I play the Callaway ERC Soft(L45+) for 300Cr and while I'd love to play a better ball I don't want to spend more credits, so this is as cheap as I can get and still get the performance I'd like.  However, I've noticed some balls for 400Cr, that get .5 more durability.  I am wondering how many more shots can I get out of that ball and then even though I'm paying 100Cr more, maybe I'd spend less or about the same in the long run.  If I grab one of those 400Cr balls-say the Volvik Vivid(L51) I will get .5 increases on meter speed and durability, and 1.0 on spin, but I lose .5 on distance.  I'm trying to figure out how much of a difference those .5 ratings will make and is worth losing the distance for the improvements elsewhere. 

Thanks for your help!

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2020 10:27 AM

Hello Coachcasa and thank you for the kind comments.

The 16 columns that are to the right of the meter speed on the putter tab are the putter meter increments. Perhaps I should have some kind of field name for those.

The only ball durability stats I can give you that I am 100% confident about are...

1.0 = 90 hits
    2.0 = 100 hits
    2.5 = 120 hits

I have balls with those stats in my inventory and therefore I am happy those numbers are correct.

I wouldn't say that I know any more about the equipment in the pro shop than anyone else, in fact I would say that I know less to be honest. Most other people try or buy much more equipment than I do, so they can give a better opinion about how it actually performs. But my tables give you a bit more flexibility when it comes to filtering and sorting stuff in the shop.

Thank you & I hope that answers some if not all of your queries.

• BMVQ
    18 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2020 2:08 PM

thanks for sharing that data dude. +9999

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2020 11:52 PM
    You're welcome BMVQ, thank you.  ; )
  • DanimalSports65
    883 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2020 12:02 PM

I am working on credits for a new driver. This is going to save me a load of time and clicks. I have lived in Excel for 15 years, so spreadsheets always get my attention - I did one evaluating my golf ball change in real life. Thanks for sharing!

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2020 1:02 AM

Thank you Danimal, very pleased to hear you found it useful and that you took the time to post a comment.  ; )

• McGooYUL
    9 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2020 11:44 AM

Anyone else notice a Callaway Mizuno ST-200 lvl 90 3W that is in the pro shop on mobile but not shown on the equipment list on WGT.com?

I’m curious about it vs the lvl 99 mavrik sub-zero 3W, and now wondering if all pro-shops are the same (desktop vs mobile). 

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2020 12:59 AM

Wish I could check that for you Mr McGoo but I don't have any mobile devices.

• McGooYUL
    9 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2020 3:57 AM

Just wanted to say that your spreadsheet has been invaluable in me mapping out my equipment upgrades. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say thanks for taking that on!

RSS