Re: Masters Conditions

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 2 2009 8:20 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • sombod
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 1:07 PM

Dear WGT :

I really don’t mind the 25 mph winds, nor the resulting 240 approach shots. That’s your game, I’ll play it or not. What I do mind is this jerky- a*ss swing bar that makes dealing with 25 mph winds and 240 yd shots into greens, well, a joke. That, and shots whose results versus execution of same can only be described as capricious, have “spoiled a good walk”. I presume that the whole point of this BETA is to produce a subscriber version of your game. While I’ve enjoyed my time here and will continue to play- unless my blood pressure goes off the scale- I’m not likely to pony up with any of my cash so I can gnash my teeth because of YOUR problems. I have to deal with enough of that in life without choice. Good luck in trying to improve your site.

Meanwhile, I’ll work on my wind game.

PS: Good points, Tibbets

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 1:10 PM

WOW ... first full round from the master tees plus stiffer winds and was very pleased with a 70. Kinda gave Kiawah a whole new look with the extra 350ish yards... very nice.

People have been complaining about not reaching fairways at Bethpage but I think I can see that happening at Kiawah now, especially shooting into the wind.  I think that I only hit 1 approach with less than an 8 iron... definitely more interesting now... hats off to WGT again.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 1:21 PM

I don't mind the high winds now and then, but I don't think our tier alone should be the largest contributing factor for the severity of conditions we will face.  We should have as many low and moderate wind days as any other tier.  It's not realistic when the conditions don't vary from tournament to tournament or from day to day etc.

This is exactly the one-track mode that is killing the game.  You configure one set of conditions and throw it at us ad nauseum. The game would be a lot harder to master if the conditions varied more and as a result, I think you'd  see a larger spread of names on the leaderboards.

The golf course itself doesn't say, "Oh hey, the big boys are coming today, let's kick up the wind a notch just for them."

See what I'm saying?

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 5:23 PM

On the Pro tier, there is nothing less than 14 mph, maybe an occasional 12 mph, but it goes as high as 24 mph.  Is the wind worse than that from the master tiers?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 6:20 PM

Sounds about the same.  You guys play from the same tees as we do, so they might have our two tiers set up the same way.

• seniorbruno
    695 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 7:01 PM

The high winds are fine, but every tournament this week/month?  Are the people behind the curtain trying to make us play less? Let' s see, make them buy clubs that don't have any distance, put those that score well on the back tees, make the putter so sensitive that the slightest miss hit sends it off-line, and make the wind really strong so it's even harder to score. That's a recipe for sucess!

Does it seem like the wind is always in your face? On the longest holes?

• WaterTrap
    95 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 8:20 PM

Gratz on your eagle IMCOOLA!!!

• PAGES
RSS