Forums

Help › Forums

Re: absolutely UNREALISTIC distances. Need Help!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 1 2009 8:53 AM (7 replies)
  • nateman79
    3 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 5:24 PM

ok so im not gonna pony up money to buy better clubs for a video game. with my starter clubs on hole 13 i hit a perfect drive (full strength and landed excellent on the line) with a 13mph wind in my favor and it came up short in the rough.  this is ridiculous.  maybe i havent dug deep enough into this, but is there anyway to increase your distances without forking out the money for different clubs. i play real golf once a week and i have a 10 year old cheap set of clubs. im not the greatest golfer but i can drive a golf ball 310 yds with my dinged up piece of junk driver.  i just dont get this. someone help please. it just seems unrealistic.. i love this wgt game but its frustrating me to no end

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 5:40 PM

See this thread.

It's Bethpage Black.  Tiger plays it in -1.  Par is a good score.  GIR is unrealistic for even the best on most holes.

It's called 'Course Management'.  Sometimes you just have to lay up.

Cheers.

• nateman79
    3 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 10:26 PM

i understand what youre saying totally. but when you hit a perfect drive with wind in your favor and come up short of the fairway something is wrong.

• tecku
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 6:22 AM

So, what is wrong?

I want to know too.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 6:54 AM

Hate to tell you guys this but the way the hole plays is very realistic.  In the 2nd round of the 2002 US Open on 15 golfers in a row came up short of the fairway on this exact hole, and I forget how many for total were short.   

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 7:32 AM

Nate, you are wasting your breath. They would rather play unrealistically with the clubs than realistically. The truth is that the scores are worse in real life because pros can take driver ans test the course with less accuracy..hitting drives 285-300 and maybe spraying it. If this gives them problems they hit 3-Wood. Tiger likes to hit the 3-Wood stinger. But the golfbots here think because the scores match that somehow it is just as realistic, not taking into effect that real pros have to gauge their accuracy against length and chose clubs accordingly. It ends up being ridiculous that they can't see this basic tenet in golf.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 8:02 AM

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/2257/10772.aspx#10772

Read the link it's the best I could do to explain it for you.  If you don't agree that's fine, but I suggest you take a deep breath.  You may not like my opinion, but its no more flawed than your own.

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 8:53 AM
RSS