• PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 8:24 AM

derekortt:

Cabo and this may be a surprise

Royal St George's

You're right.  

@JLipka-Rather than look for any easy course, there's a better way to improve your scores. I notice you play mostly solo rounds you set up yourself at 2 courses ( I did notice BPB made the rotation yesterday.) Take advantage of the weekly unlimited tournaments WGT puts up. They will always have a 9 hole and 18 hole unlimited play tournament up and it changes every week. You compete only in your tier on them with your conditions.

Unlimited basically means you can restart as often as you want and if you enter and play those free tournaments you can gain some great experience while lowering those scores on all of the courses.

You don't have to finish to restart and that's a great learning aid. Having a bad day?-quit the tournament and come back the next day. You'd be surprised at how much of what you do today sinks in overnight. By the end of the week you'll be surprised at how good you can get on each course.

My favs are the fronts on BPB, CCC and Oakmont.  :-)

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 9:41 AM

1+ Jim!

Nitpicker calling:

While the unlimited 9 hole is a Weekly tournament, the unlimited 18 hole is part of the Monthlies. Alas, it doesn't change much.

They give great practice opportunities on all courses by repetition, accompanied by good XPs (tournament rounds are honored by twice the regular numbers). Knowing that averages saturate quickly, you may play each round to the end, exercising the final holes.

To me, a journeyman who scarcely gained a top 70 position, the awards would be a good motivation. Play CCC for a month (Feb. 14) and try to get the next award!

For a round at ease, I choose any nine of STA and RSG.

RSG and BPB share the advantage of a low Par while less difficult than OLY.

• jaylooms
    1 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 2:03 AM

Andy

• PAGES
RSS