Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Advancing to a new tier

Mon, Mar 25 2024 8:08 PM (319 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2023 9:35 AM

I'm still slightly confused, at the tc level, your avg doesn't matter,  there's nothing to work towards, unless wgt opens a new tier. Oh well, I guess it's no issue. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2023 12:56 PM

Luckystar5:

I'm still slightly confused, at the tc level, your avg doesn't matter,  there's nothing to work towards, unless wgt opens a new tier. Oh well, I guess it's no issue. 

Assuming they would probably open a new, higher tier in the future, it matters more than we think.

Judging by the pace observed so far, the average score required for the next tier after TC is likely to be 52 or 53.

• IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Thu, Mar 16 2023 5:29 PM

If they were the slightest bit interested in adding another tier they would have done so , long time ago ...there has to be an end game to everything !

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Thu, Mar 16 2023 5:54 PM

IamNicklaus:
    If they were the slightest bit interested in adding another tier they would have done so , long time ago

Looks like you're correct. TL to CHAMP took 2 1/2 years (4/18/13 to 8/27/15) for WGT to begin, and CHAMP to TC took 3 1/3 years (8/27/13 to 12/20/18) for WGT to begin Now it has been 4+ years.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Mar 18 2023 4:17 AM

DuFussMcGoo:

IamNicklaus:
    If they were the slightest bit interested in adding another tier they would have done so , long time ago

Looks like you're correct. TL to CHAMP took 2 1/2 years (4/18/13 to 8/27/15) for WGT to begin, and CHAMP to TC took 3 1/3 years (8/27/13 to 12/20/18) for WGT to begin Now it has been 4+ years.

You never know what wgt is thinking!!!! Same things were being said prior to the champion tier being established, then again with tour champion.  If they think it will produce more revenue,  they will open another tier! 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Sat, Mar 18 2023 10:03 AM

Luckystar5:
    You never know what wgt is thinking!!!! Same things were being said prior to the champion tier being established, then again with tour champion.  If they think it will produce more revenue,  they will open another tier! 

+1 👍🏻

• Slashline
    4 Posts
    Fri, Mar 24 2023 6:39 PM

I get that this is a really old post.

I just got promoted to Master (didn't want it) and my average was over 76. I avoid ranked rounds scrupulously, and was nowhere near that limit.

I don't know how I got here, but I do know that WGT will not f$^king tell me that info.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2023 10:54 AM

Slashline:
    I don't know how I got here, but I do know that WGT will not f$^king tell me that info

Just guessing....

Do you play a lot of H2H, and win? That would move you up a tier.

Are you still using old clubs? With your new level, you are now back to longer tees and (now) need new clubs. Yes, you can keep your old clubs, but you won't win as many games.

WGT doesn't tell anyone anything.

RSS