Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Advancing to a new tier

Mon, Mar 25 2024 8:08 PM (319 replies)
  • PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2023 8:34 AM

DuFussMcGoo:

WGT "knows" that they cannot fix the FORFEIT problem. If your opponent FORFEITS, you do not get credit for the win. "Hey", they say "you got the prize didn't you?"

Well, not all the time. So I had 11 holes in coin games (buy really 12 because someone forfeited). No, I didn't get credit.

The key word is complete, If you lose a coin game and dont finish putting out- IE: opponent is up by a stroke and his final putt is made to win- while your ball is still on green, you won't have credit for completing that hole.

I think the alternative would be bad if you didn't have to finish the hole, you would have people start 12 coin games and forfeit just to get the goal.

• dad19733
    164 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2023 6:52 AM

@PureGro1

Very well said,  there's not much more frustrating than a game ending prematurely. 

Jamie

pdb1:

PureGro1:
    The key word is complete

+ 5 STAR GIFS Giphy

More emphasis from WGT , from all of us , players , members , opponents , partners , CC owners , directors ,  etc . On completing the round . All rounds . Regardless if one has already lost . This sytem is based on results from completed rounds .

We/they have already seen the many unprogrammed , unexpected , unwanted consequences of these premature actions .

It is imperative that these forced errors on the system . Be stopped before these actions corrupt to an unfixable state .

Wouldn't that suck ?

I have been advocating this all along . And have met a good bit of resistance . This approach must get more exposure and support .

The idea is that since we know that WGT cannot stop this occurence/problem . And since it is a player controlled action .

It is on us to be more proactive , vocal , informative to the players . To put it out there . To shout it from the rafters . Hire a sky writer . Rent a digital billboard . Lol , Teach the ones that do not understand that it is more than simply clicking their mouse and walking away .

That the high numbers of players practicing these early exits . Is in danger of ruining our/their favorite virtual golf game . Forever .

Wouldn't that suck ?

Make ones best effort to complete all rounds . Especially the 2 most popular and vulnerable formats . 3 hole Coins and Alternate Shot .

Please .

• 4PennyLane
    23 Posts
    Sun, Mar 12 2023 1:29 PM

Once tour champion is achieved how many rounds are required to saturate please?

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sun, Mar 12 2023 9:10 PM

4PennyLane:
    Once tour champion is achieved how many rounds are required to saturate please?

I believe it's 2,000 ranked rounds now.

But in the "Precambrian" era when WGT was still WGT, I needed only 200 ranked rounds for saturation. My 200th round was a 26 on Wolf Creek back 9 and brought my average to 54.88.

So when you see an old WGT'er, know how much easier they had it than now!

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2023 3:48 PM

Without having to read all these pages, I wondering why saturation matters as a tc? Tour champion is as high as you can go, or Is wgt considering a new tier, ie. Grand tour champion?   

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2023 6:01 PM

Luckystar5:
    wgt considering a new tier, ie. Grand tour champion?   

I'm thinking "golf god" would be next.

After you have reached "Saturation", your average cannot go up anymore. Any low round you shoot will replace the highest score that makes up your average.

Actually, there is a tier above TC. It's called HALL OF FAME and there is one member. His name is Jason Young and he's on WGT as Young46.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2023 6:52 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    I'm thinking "golf god" would be next.

Not yet. They still got "hero". LOL

DuFussMcGoo:
    Actually, there is a tier above TC. It's called HALL OF FAME and there is one member.

Well, it's more like an "honourary" title given by the company and there's more than one player with the title now.

RSS