Help › Forums

Re: Advancing to a new tier

Mon, Mar 25 2024 8:08 PM (319 replies)
  • Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Wed, Nov 10 2021 10:43 AM

DuFussMcGoo:

Duphpherer:
    I've never seen my average score change regardless of who I play. Is it because I have not established a recent average score? My 79 was back when I was tour pro. I have not recorded a ranked game since becoming Master and then Tour Master. 

I believe you achieve ranked rounds to get an average. HTH and par3's, par5's, and Custom courses do not qualify.

Your CC is the best place to play friendly games on courses with ranked rounds. At least there you can make a round on a course of your choosing!

Thank you DFMG!  Enjoying the game, but I've learned not to get too intense. Eventually that leads to burn out. Keeping it fun is what it is all about. The heads up competition makes it addictive. 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Nov 10 2021 11:35 AM

HamdenPro:

WGTChampion:
    For the first few tiers we have specific levels that will push the player to the next tier. This way their aren't any level 90 Hack players or anything like that. 

These are the level-based tier promotions:

• When you reach Level 20, you are promoted from Hack to Amateur.
    • When you reach Level 30, you are promoted from Amateur to Pro.
    • When you reach Level 50, you are promoted from Pro to Tour Pro.

Beyond that, there are no level-based promotions.

• Ka9shk
    33 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2021 12:19 PM

are country club created tournaments also counted as RR ?

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2021 9:29 PM

Ka9shk:
    are country club created tournaments also counted as RR ?

Yes they are. Regarding "counting for average", see the post on top of this page.

• NeedBeerNow
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2022 2:48 PM

How is it that players that have played 0 ranked rounds are Legends? Could it be that they spent a few hundred on their clubs?

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2022 3:45 PM

NeedBeerNow:

How is it that players that have played 0 ranked rounds are Legends? Could it be that they spent a few hundred on their clubs?

They play coin rooms and H2H games.

• Finbarr09
    1 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2022 6:18 AM

Pick a course like PGA and keep playing and learning. If you do a round that will reduce your avg keep. If on the 9th your score will increase your avg then quit and start again. I started doing this two days ago. Went from 70 to 67 and became Master. Am now 64.21. chasing next one.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2022 8:25 AM

You're a tad late to the discussion. Nevertheless, I'm not bashing you...

Finbarr09:
    Pick a course like PGA and keep playing and learning.
    I'd rather say, learn all courses.

Finbarr09:
    If you do a round that will reduce your avg keep. If on the 9th your score will increase your avg then quit [...]
    This won't help anyone, as high scores will be eliminated by better scores while your skill improves. On the contrary, you won't learn how to play the late holes if you quit instead of playing them.

The means to advance to the next tier is NOT to reduce the average, but to collect the necessary number of low scores to reach the threshold.

Please allow for a few hints from visiting your profile:

- Don't buy CC passes - it hinders you to get the free passes after 12 hours of a zero count on passes, and you don't help your CC very much with more passes.

- Instead, use the credits to buy a decent short(!) wedge - best investment in lower scores, as the Starter wedges are cr%p!

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,866 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2022 8:49 AM

alosso:
    Please allow for a few hints from visiting your profile:

Excellent advice.

All players, from HACK to Champion, wanting to advance, should follow it!

RSS