Sun, Aug 1 2021 3:26 PM

Thank you and anything on scoring avg? 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2021 7:30 PM

• vn1965
    7 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2021 6:44 AM

Thanks a lot for the explanation. I am at Tour Legend now and since then completed about 14 ranked rounds. Long ways to go. 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2021 10:39 AM

vn1965:
    I am at Tour Legend now and since then completed about 14 ranked rounds. Long ways to go. 
    A tipp:

Note your current total number of rounds (from the stats) somewhere - it will make deciding about saturation easier ... then ...

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2021 12:59 PM

pdb1:
    When your average score is equal to or smaller than 57 you are eligible to go from Champion to Tour Champion .

Could you please stop copying this wrong information into different threads, perhaps change it to 55 on your copy.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2021 10:09 PM

I've been busy in the coin rooms for a few months now since I've been playing more often. I have played a total of 12 ranked rounds very early in my WGT career.

I turned Master at 61 and Tour Master at my current level 80. They must use an entirely different method of scoring/ranking/tiers in H2H coins rooms because that's solely where I spend my golfing time and they keep moving me up.

MarchieB:

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2021 4:16 PM

Duphpherer:
    They must use an entirely different method of scoring/ranking/tiers in H2H coins rooms

Spring, 2020 I reached Tour Master. At the time, I primarily played the online Flash version, to which the posted Tier charts apply (as far as ranked rounds and averages needed to advance).

As Tour Master, I was playing match play against a Legend friend who, unknown to me, intentionally let me beat him in two matches. When we were done he asked me to look at my average, my average had gone way down and the next day I was a Legend (in WGT, I already was a Legend in the real world). Apparantly, winning match play, on the old version, against higher level players artificially lowers the average.

During summer, 2020, I started to transition more to the (then) beta version (the current version we now have) and played mostly coin matches, with sponsors, to get clothes. Playing the matches did nothing for the average but I looked better playing. So, I played alot of matches in the coin rooms. Heading towards early November, 2020, two things happened: 1) I had written to the WGT Santa for help to improve my game so I could move up; and 2) I won the weekly coin thingy. The next day, when I signed on (using my phone) I was congratulated as I had reached Tour Legend status.

I was not saturated (playing more rounds then need to advance to next tier) nor did I ever have an average low enough. I had always been in the low 70s, the lowest I had been to that point was 68 after beating my Legend friend and moving to Legend status from Tour Master.

At first I thought it was Santa improving my game. However, and this is just what I was recently told, Santa may not be real...ikr...so...(I will have to check the threads to see if maybe Yancy ever found Santa... Maybe the red lines he said were saucers on Pinehurst or Oakmont really was Santa and his reindeer)

Apparantly, there is now some kind of hybird way of advancing between averages from ranked (scored) rounds and coin room matches.

As of now, my average still is not low enough for Tour Legend and never was. Now, I am saturated so my average does not go down and I am slowly creeping lower. I figure if I find a Champion (Sam) or Tour Champion (Jill) who will let me beat them a few times in head to head, I could be a Champion...that would be way cool....(For what it is worth, I will not let someone beat me to advance, that would be unethical).

RSS