Help › Forums

Re: Advancing to a new tier

Mon, Mar 25 2024 8:08 PM (319 replies)
  • DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 11:48 AM

donsprintr:

TopShelf2010:

There was a player who was promoted to Tour Champion and purposely maxed out his next round just to spite the process. LOL Could you imagine a Tour Champion with an average over 150? That's good stuff right there.

Don

I think I'm gonna do that just for giggles when I get promoted

Or not ...

I can't remember at the moment who it was, but I spotted it the next day and posted up a congratulations on the forums.  He had a 180 average by doing that.

• Roadking1117
    16 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 1:46 PM
    What about tiers above Legend?
  • discodude1022
    1 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 2:19 AM

Silverfox11407:

Here ya go:

• When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from hack to amateur.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from amateur to pro.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to tour pro
    • When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from tour pro to Master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend 

and

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack before reaching Amateur
    • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur before reaching Pro
    • you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro
    • you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master
    • you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master
    • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

A couple things you should all know.  One is that your average starts over after you reach a new tier.  Your first round at the new tier will be your new average.  Second, the rounds you need to complete as listed above are the number of rounds that you need in that tier.  Not total overall.  For example, you have to have 25 rounds and an average under 67 in the Pro Tour tier to advance to master.  Hope this helps answer any questions any of you may have.

Regards, Ron

what is a ranked round?

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 7:45 AM

discodude1022:
    what is a ranked round?

Even though I believe you to be a Bot, for those that might be interested...

To play a single player ranked round:

• Select the GAME MODES button on the Main Menu
    • Choose SINGLE PLAYER STROKE PLAY
    • Choose a course you would like to play and then select Front 9, Back 9, or Full 18

To ensure the round is ranked and will count toward your average and stats, before selecting TEE OFF, make sure that RANKED is highlighted on the left side of the screen.

Selecting a 3-hole game will lock the round to Practice. Additionally, most Stroke Play Tournaments played on courses other than "Best of" and custom courses count as ranked rounds

To add, any of the WGT tournaments are considered Ranked rounds as well.

Have a nice day

Don

• PittDoc28
    6 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2021 7:38 AM

So how did I make master in under 40 rounds total? 

According to this, you need a min of 60 rounds to reach Master regardless of your average.

When I originally asked the question, I was a Master with 42 total ranked rounds in my stats and a 61 ave. 

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2021 9:06 AM

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2021 9:51 AM

PittDoc28:

So how did I make master in under 40 rounds total? 

According to this, you need a min of 60 rounds to reach Master regardless of your average.

When I originally asked the question, I was a Master with 42 total ranked rounds in my stats and a 61 ave. 

25 is the total RR from TP to Master.

can get to TP and not play any ranked rounds.

Hack, amateur, pro. all have level caps that will autopromote you. Tour Pro is the highest you can get via just levels.

This has all been explained many times. Your reading comprehension blows.

• MichaelPaton
    5 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2021 2:58 PM

Hi Ron,

Thank you very much for that, I wish I could have seen this thread earlier. 

My question is this, if you play a really great round as your first ranked round will your average stay fixed for the entire rank or does bad rounds affect the average negatively? 

I am at Master now, do I have to keep playing 63 or better rounds in order to advance or will I advance regardless of subsequent round scores.  I had a couple of bad rounds in a row, so I wanted to know if I have to play two good rounds now to fix the damage.

Is there anywhere I can see how many ranked rounds are still required to reach Tour Master?

Kind Regards,

Michael

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 10:22 AM

PMFJI

MichaelPaton:
    My question is this, if you play a really great round as your first ranked round will your average stay fixed for the entire rank or does bad rounds affect the average negatively? 
    An average is the average of different values, so each round will influence the display.

MichaelPaton:
    I am at Master now, do I have to keep playing 63 or better rounds in order to advance or will I advance regardless of subsequent round scores.  I had a couple of bad rounds in a row, so I wanted to know if I have to play two good rounds now to fix the damage.
    Play your scores, good or bad, and - when the time comes - you will be promoted.

You need a minimum of 40 scores (for "saturation") and an average of 61.00 or better. Your 40 best scores will be used for calculations, the others - the bad ones - will drop out.

Don't fixate on the idea to compensate bad rounds with good ones. You have to collect 40 rounds which - together - result in an average of 61.00.

Beware that there are other mechanisms which may accelerate your promotion!

MichaelPaton:
    Is there anywhere I can see how many ranked rounds are still required to reach Tour Master?
    There is no fixed number - "saturation" is important which you may count in your score history or experience it - when the average drops mightily!

• vn1965
    7 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2021 10:08 AM

What about the ranked rounds and scoring average requirements from 
    Legend to Tour Champion? Thank you 

RSS