Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Never Did This Before

Wed, Aug 25 2010 6:25 PM (3 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 3:28 PM
    Went to play this morning. It is very hot here. Played lazer well. Finished the front -2 and couldn't wait to get off the course. I guess at times i'm also a quitter.
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 3:53 PM

Unless you were only planning to play 9 holes, then sip that beer in the clubhouse.  Congrats on a superb round SP. 

Hey, tune into the Golf Channel if you want a sneak preview of Chambers Bay, the site of the 2015 U.S. Open... the U.S. Amateur is being contested there right now.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 5:47 PM

Doublemochaman:

Unless you were only planning to play 9 holes, then sip that beer in the clubhouse.  Congrats on a superb round SP. 

Hey, tune into the Golf Channel if you want a sneak preview of Chambers Bay, the site of the 2015 U.S. Open... the U.S. Amateur is being contested there right now.

Moch, I can't believe I haven't played it yet. I know you and others have vouched for its integrity. I just haven't been north of late. Should I bring some sneaky range balls along, that I have never been able to resist....because of the price?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 6:25 PM

SP... if you're going to play Chambers Bay I would recommend you bring along some GI-SD balls... you're gonna need the distance and you're gonna need the spin.  Especially the spin.

Oh.  Or do you use the sneaky range balls to be sneaky long?  Someday I'll tell you the story of when (as a kid, of course) I stole a hundred range balls from a driving range (slipped through a fence and gathered them over a hill out of view of the owner) and then sold them back to the owner for 2 cents apiece.

RSS