Help › Forums

Re: Oakmont #9 Help Please!!

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 22 2021 12:02 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gdubbombsit4bird
    73 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2013 12:36 PM

If it is the pin location near the bunker...for me..the right play is to put it in the bunker...aim couple yards left...and if you don't almost hole it out...you'll be left w/ a very manageable putt for par..more times than not.....I've just pretty much accepted birdie on that hole is very rare...and keep it pushin......gdub

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 6:27 AM

BulletGill:

I've managed to get to Legend but I don't think I have ever birdied 9 at Oakmont. In fact I bogey many more times than par. Anyone with tips on how to play that hole, especially with the pin short and right (as I seem to find it mostly), I would be most grateful.

I think whole Oakmont should be mapped again...if you dont get just proper line for drives, its always on trees...not funny. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 9:06 AM

Tepi62Ka:

BulletGill:

I've managed to get to Legend but I don't think I have ever birdied 9 at Oakmont. In fact I bogey many more times than par. Anyone with tips on how to play that hole, especially with the pin short and right (as I seem to find it mostly), I would be most grateful.

I think whole Oakmont should be mapped again...if you dont get just proper line for drives, its always on trees...not funny. 

1) Grats on the 8 year old necro post.

2) I think you meant Olympic not Oakmont.

other than those two things. Quality post.

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 9:43 AM

Mythanatos:

Tepi62Ka:

BulletGill:

1) Grats on the 8 year old necro post.

2) I think you meant Olympic not Oakmont.

other than those two things. Quality post.

Damn right...I dont know why I messed those two...yes it was Olympic what I meant....sorry

• StoolMcBowel
    11 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2021 12:02 AM

I. . .can't. . .stop. . .laughing

• PAGES
RSS