Forums

Help › Forums

Re: getting to next level master tour master legend?

Mon, Jan 23 2023 2:50 PM (74 replies)
  • Malish1
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2019 8:33 PM

What does play “ranked rounds” mean? Is it play any course (like par 5 which is my fav)? 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Jun 25 2019 11:21 AM

Ranked rounds are strokeplay rounds that appear in the score history.

Only 9 or 18 holes strokeplay, regular or tournament, no practice rounds.

Concerning the average and tiering up, further limits apply:

Ranked rounds on Par3, Par5(!) or CC Custom Courses do not count in.

• Pipedream2
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2019 2:40 PM

Very similar thing happened to me when I moved to master and then tour master level.

• PAT3361
    50 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2022 3:46 PM

have read all the threads here relating to average scores and how you advance in tiers by playing RANKED games and reducing your average score, this is all well and interesting but how does it explain those players most of whom are at Tour Master and LEGEND tier who have ZERO ranked games to the credit, in fact when you look at their stats they are 0 right across the board, it is true to say that WGT ruined what was a great game prior to launching its mobile version. I find it utterly laughable when i come across Tour Pros at lvl 100+ with zero ranked rounds to their credit but due to their level and NOT their tier they have all the top of the range equipment! equipment that myself a Legend tier but lvl 94 cannot access, then factor in the tee advantage they get, it just becomes a joke, just means that Tour Pros Masters and Tour Masters are the NEW LEGENDS.

Have already suggested that equipment should be made available according to TIER not LEVEL

you ruined a once great game WGT

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2022 11:32 AM

PAT3361:
    you ruined a once great game WGT
    I've heard that before and I'm still not convinced.

Some short hints concerning your questions, in case you really don't know. Fodder for search =>

Tiering up w/o ranked rounds:

They had to come up with a way to challenge mobile players who would only play "mobile" games (in practice mode) - this is another legitimate way to tier up, probably by Level and by success in those games.

Equipment by tiers:

This was the case in the beginning, until around Sept. 2010, when they introduced the basics for today's structure. It would be difficult to convince them to go back...

• Mightymousemv
    595 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2022 8:16 AM

Hi, Have a question regarding the ranked rounds, do you need to play 50 rounds of 61 or less to progress to a legend, or have played 50 rounds in total. Thanks 🙏 

• When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend 
    • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2022 12:00 PM

Mightymousemv:

Hi, Have a question regarding the ranked rounds, do you need to play 50 rounds of 61 or less to progress to a legend, or have played 50 rounds in total. Thanks 🙏 

• you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend 

The 50 Ranked Rounds is the target for saturation. At that point, your Average will only go down depending on your scores. Once your Average reaches 61 ( ? )  or lower, you will get promoted.

I put a ? behind 61 above because I could not recall off hand if that was the correct number or not. I believe it is just not 100%

Don

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2022 2:01 PM

Mightymousemv:

• This is 100% correct for the "ranked rounds" way to tier up.

It also answers all questions, removes any doubt posted here.

Mightymousemv:
    do you need to play 50 rounds of 61 or less to progress to a legend
    What you need is 50 scores played as a TM, forming an average of 61.00 or less.

• Mightymousemv
    595 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2022 4:01 AM

Thank you very much.!!

RSS