Forums

Help › Forums

Re: No grid when chipping

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 25 2008 2:22 PM (8 replies)
  • Wazuka
    26 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2008 6:55 AM

Whenever I do pitches or putts i get to see the grid on the green with the moving dots indicating the slope. This is not the case when chipping. The only way to work around that is first to choose a pitch shot, judge the grid, and then change to a chip shot. 

I'm pretty sure that this is not intended by the programmers, hence I think it's a bug. BTW, I'm using google chrome as browser. 

• Wazuka
    26 Posts
    Thu, Nov 20 2008 2:50 AM

Was that just silly, or why is there no reaction? The bug us still the same and there was not even a reply to my report. 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Nov 20 2008 7:06 AM

Your post was probably just missed in all the excitement.  It happens sometimes, I wouldn't take it personally.

To answer your question, you are correct, you don't get a grid on green for pitches and chips when you first line up.  However, to work around this problem, simply select your putter, then re-select your chip or pitch and you will now have a grid to use.

Typically I'll line up my chips and pitches in putter view, then switch back to hit it.

Hope that helps!

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Nov 20 2008 10:21 AM

Another way to bring up the grid is to click and hold the aim indicator while in chip mode.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Nov 20 2008 5:56 PM

Hm, that must be a recent fix then. As of just the other day the chip grids didn't come up immediately.  That's why I had come up with the idea to switch out to putter first, then back. 

*edit* I just tested it out in quick play and single-play ranked mode and it seems to work fine, however I was able to produce this error in multiplayer.  I have a screen shot, but my FTP is down for some reason and I can't post it. :(  I'll try to get that up as soon as I can.

I was on the 1st hole in a 2 player match, left it short of the green purposely and selected chip (it had defaulted to pitch).  When I clicked for reverse view and grabbed the target marker the chip grid did not appear.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Nov 20 2008 9:16 PM

The grid never appears for me on chip shots.  Grabbing the aim does nothing.  The grid does appear on pitch shots, but as soon the shot type changes to chip, it disappears.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Nov 22 2008 7:45 AM

My FTP has finally recovered, so here is that screenshot I was talking about:

In this particular instance, I had to switch from pitch to chip because I was slightly outside of the chip yardage.  However, it should be noted that even when I am inside the chip yardage and the arc is blue, it still won't show the grid. Again, I could only reproduce this error in Multiplayer, not single player.

Hope this helps.

• Wazuka
    26 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2008 2:55 AM

The grid never appears for me on chip shots.  Grabbing the aim does nothing.  The grid does appear on pitch shots, but as soon the shot type changes to chip, it disappears.

Yes, exactly the same here! Thanks for the confirmation. 

Dear WGT team, please don't get me wrong. I know what beta testing is and I know what that means. That's the reason why I'm posting here and why I try and want to help. But please don't forget that the best reward for a beta tester is feedback! Otherwise the level of frustration increases rapidly and the tester stops testing. 

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2008 2:22 PM

Thanks for all the reports. We have been able to reproduce this problem and it's on our list of fixes.

RSS