Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Pavin, Woods and the Ryder Cup

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 17 2010 10:09 AM (31 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 3:08 PM
    LOL! That is true ~TR~. I'm lucky. I love them both. Phil has also had some problems of a personal nature, with his wife's cancer problem...which is unrelated to the one Tiger had, but both very trying situations. One thing is clear. They both have a God given talent that provides even low hdcp players with a sense of awe...along with everyone on tour. People who have yet to witness a Tour event will be in for, what I like to call "Tour Shock", when they first get to see the giant difference between the +1 club champion and the players making a living hitting a golf ball. It is sobering, real and stunning to watch. And valuble. It will convince any scratch golfer to look for a real job.
  • TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 10:09 AM

Very true SP.  I have the pleasure to have played with about a dozen players who either were on the tour or are on the tour, a number of them major winners.  I once sported a handicap index of .1, many years ago so I could play.  However when you realize that even a scratch golfer on your local private course has to get a spot of about 3 per nine from these guys you realize you aren't that good and they are.

RSS