Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Best of Par 5 holes

Sun, Jul 9 2017 2:54 PM (57 replies)
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Aug 11 2013 2:55 PM

These are my thoughts, too, perhaps hidden behind too many words :)

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Aug 27 2013 3:13 AM

indianlove:

why isnt there a hole from oakmont???

WGT never quite said this, but apparently Oakmont has a clause in their agreement requiring WGT to maintain the integrity of the course. In other words, you have to play Oakmont as a course, and the holes can't be chopped up and mixed in with holes from other courses.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Tue, Aug 27 2013 1:27 PM

I think Icon has said that before.

• pukiebear
    72 Posts
    Thu, Aug 29 2013 2:11 PM

Chinajohn:

I read that this course does not count towards your average...

That is good to know because par is 90 and I shot a -10, which would normally be an awesome score, but then I realized -10 under is 80 and I thought it would impact my average, so I haven't played it since that first time.

• cougarclaw
    138 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 7:16 AM

I have eagled kia 16 many times !  The trick is to set up a tourney in your CC and choose advanced options >  easy tees > low winds  > easy hole location ,...you can reach the green easy on the 2nd shot !

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 7:18 AM

cougarclaw:
    I have eagled kia 16 many times !  The trick is to set up a tourney in your CC and choose advanced options >  easy tees > low winds  > easy hole location ,...you can reach the green easy on the 2nd shot !

Fantastic achievement at L101.  Thanks for sharing that knowledge :)

Thread is very old BTW.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 12:44 PM

Jimbog1964:

cougarclaw:

Fantastic achievement at L101.  Thanks for sharing that knowledge :)

Thread is very old BTW.

Seems to be a huge influx of this lately.  It's like the last post date is invisible to the dimmest of bulbs.

• cougarclaw
    138 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 2:54 PM

quote .  It's like the last post date is invisible to the dimmest of bulbs.[/quote

And were glad you showed up here also to comment and  prove your own point .

RSS