Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Disconnecting

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 27 2009 1:25 AM (4 replies)
  • zpks12
    2 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2009 11:51 PM

You have got to start penalizing those who disconnect jut to keep their average low or this will never be a legitimate contest.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2009 12:05 AM

The only contests are the tournaments, and you don't get to disconnect from those.  Multiplayer games are just for fun, they carry no weight on anything.

• fpcappotto
    1 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2009 8:33 AM

I completely agree with you. If we want to reply the real game we have to penalize the rude players

• zpks12
    2 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2009 10:44 PM

The games are raising and lowering averages, so they are counting for something. If they meant nothing, then why would players disconnect before they took their last shot?

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2009 1:25 AM

Hi,

I do actually agree with you on this one, this type of thing should be penalised.

Having said that - your ranking is there to help you work your way through the different tiers eg Hack, Amateur & soon Pro. Its a ranking you can use to improve your own game. In itself though - the ranking doesnt really mean that much. So people who cheat by disconnecting etc etc just to keep their ranking up, or down are not really achieving anything.

As I think Tibbetts has previously mentioned, ranked rounds, multiplayer games really are just for fun & practice. Its in the tournaments where it counts, and there - your ranking only indicates what tier you play in.

So - annoying as it is, dont get to hot under the collar about things. These guys are only fooling themselves, and in the end - if you cant play to your ranking whats the point of it all.

Cheers Doug

RSS