Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Mouse Pad Delay

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 4 2009 6:45 PM (4 replies)
  • Hotwir3
    63 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2009 8:30 AM

Does anyone else have problems using a laptop's mouse pad?  I have a mouse for my laptop so when I'm in my room it's just fine, but when I am in class and want to play, the mouse pad buttons are delayed by about half a second in clicking in this game.  I have to click when the meter is about half way to the perfect shot line.  I notice no delay when I use the mouse pad buttons to click anywhere else.

Well, after doing a reaction time test, I couldn't get my reaction time below 0.3 seconds.  I've never clocked much worse than the low 0.2.  It must be my mousepad is delayed.  Anyone have a fix for this?  I doubt there is a fix.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2009 9:45 AM

I don't think there is a fix other than using an external USB mini-mouse or something.

I had the same issues last Christmas when trying to play WGT on the parent's laptop. 

• Hotwir3
    63 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2009 10:19 AM

Yea, I have my Logitech G9 to take good care of me.  She's my baby.

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2009 8:56 PM

That's odd. I actually PREFER to play on my laptop over my desktop. Oh wait! That's because my desktop is a mac and I have a mighty mouse. <SARCASM>Yah for two buttons under one physical button.</SARCASM>

Regardless, I don't notice any sort of delay with my laptop's buttons. Are you using the physical buttons built into the laptop, or trying to tap the pad as a click?

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2009 6:45 PM

Started playing this game on my laptop and find it impossible to play on my desktop. I use the mouse pad button to shoot because the pad tap is too hit or miss. When I have tried the desktop with the wired mouse I can't hit for S*** !  As far as any delay, I've always been a little inconsistant on hitting the perfect mark, but just consider that to be my reflexes. On the other hand my wife can't hit on the laptop, only the desktop for her !

RSS