Forums

Help › Forums

Re: putting and chipping

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 18 2009 2:02 PM (5 replies)
  • animaldoc
    3 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2009 9:54 AM

I cannot seem to learn to read the greens. Any tips or help greatly appreciated. Chipping short distances is also beyond my grasp of this game, HELP.

• FreddyFox
    60 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2009 3:49 PM

Putting Tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaDlzaPkk4w

• JcorWVU
    2 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2009 5:13 PM

I havent quite figured out the chipping system quite yet, and its frustrating man, i know it...generally, your going to be looking at about half the power of the club....so if you chip says it will go 20 yards...expect only about 10...although that doesnt take the run into account. 

As for puttings, for a hole that lies higher on the green, go about 1 foot past for every inch above....so, if the hole is 20 feet away and 5 inches up, shoot for 25 ft.  For a hole thats below you, i usually drop back about 50% or so.  The slant left to right on the green is the worst part of my game, usually I just wing that, but its one of those things you just need to keep doing until you get it. 

hope that helps a little at least

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2009 7:19 PM

Experience and feel. Try a practice round, hit a 10-20 foot putt, if it gets within makeable range, whack it 15-20 past the hole and try another one. It's a good way to practice, since there is no practice green....Yet! Right WGT? Yet?! Right!?!?!

• mightyquinnn
    8 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2009 6:30 PM

It is a good vid. I really wish there was a putting green. I know probably in the future. It is frustrating when you 3 or 4 putt a hole when you were in great condition to birdie.

Anyway great game keep up the good work.

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2009 2:02 PM

WGT...How about a mini golf course? That would be fun putting practice! Doesn't matter how close I can land to the pin, I still can't putt good.

RSS