Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Not sure this is the place but....

Fri, Jun 25 2010 9:41 AM (5 replies)
  • Freur
    3 Posts
    Sun, Jun 20 2010 8:51 PM

I am going to use it to vent anyway.  This site is a pretty decent time killer at its very best.  What irks me is the constant disconnecting that players do on the last hole to protect their life altering rating.  I mean really, I am as competitive as the next person but is the quest to increase one's rating so important to people?  All I am saying is that its just a game and putt out regardless of your score.  Even the pros have a bad round every once in a while and you don't see them picking up the ball on the 18th green.

Just a thought.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 12:43 AM

Hey Freur,

If you play random multiplayer games, the fact is, you're going to meet people who quit rounds. I play random multiplayer games at times because they're a good way to meet some nice people; but while they can be fun, lets face it, they aren't good if you're expecting to finish the round with a full group.

Instead of playing a random game, there are some better alternatives:

• Join a ladder site where cheating isn't tolerated... (link: WGTLS or Golf Seekers)
    • Find people who DO finish rounds and add them to your friends list. Before you know it you will have a full list of people who you can play with!
    • Play Match Play Challenges where each player wagers credits. If your opponent quits, you get the money! 
    • Worst case scenario, you can always play a round with me, I'll be sure to finish!

Also, WGT is working on a reputation feature so you can be better informed on whether or not your playing partners are quitters. Once this is implemented it will be easier for you and others to avoid the 'quitters'.

Hope this helps =)

Rehill

• pardog06
    53 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 7:16 AM

The only time i play against others is in match play!It doesnt keep record of there scores and if they bail they lose anyway..So it seems to eliminate the normal "oh i hit it in the sand time to disconect".So go to match play it has greatly relieved my frustration over people bailing on me the second they have a bad tee shot.

Pardog06

• Freur
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 10:11 PM

Hello Rehill:

Thanks for the tips.  I got the impression that there was a "reputation" feature but I have yet to see anything of it.  I have been on other sites where you get penalized for disconnecting.  At the end of the day, I ain't going to lose sleep over it.  :-)

• Freur
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 10:12 PM

Hi there Pardog:

I will give that a "shot".  :D

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 9:41 AM

Freur:
    but is the quest to increase one's rating so important to people? 

Yes.

Some people have an ego around here to boost, as well as their average. The quitters haven't figured out that their average don't mean a damn thing around here. What's funny is, when you play these ding-dong's, most of them don't have no game anyway.  : )

RSS