Forums

Help › Forums

Re: nba champions again ...

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 20 2010 2:53 PM (9 replies)
  • acca
    78 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 8:59 PM

well done la , back to back champs , just finished watching live ,. close finish . any comments ?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 5:46 AM

Boston stayed close by playing ferocious defense. Kobe was off shooting but ruled the defensive boards and in the end it was the Lakers that showed what defense can do. They went on that 9-0 run not because Boston went cold but because the Lakers were like a swarm of bees. Gasol and that wingspan at the top of the paint keeping the ball on the perimeter forced a lot of Boston shots-Artest's clutch downtowner-Fisher banging in that 3 and Kobe staying focussed was fun to watch.

This was the first time in Boston history they lost the 7th game. It was the first time Phil Jackson ever had a game 7. The fans were insane and I'm sure their "DEFENSE" roar inspired the Lakers to do just that. Excellent game.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 6:26 AM

YankeeJim:
    Excellent game.

It was. It was also my last trip to Staples. I will stay home next time...if there is a next time. What a mess.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 7:01 AM

From what it sounded like on TV that DEFENSE chant had to make that place rock. The Sports Arena (the last time I saw the Lakers in person) was never anything like that and it was very cool to see Kobe giving it up for the fans. 

Same time, same place next year. Phil's not going to resist the chance at history.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 10:46 AM

I was lucky enough to be there, too! Best of all, I got to be there with my Dad.

• acca
    78 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 2:55 PM

YankeeJim:

Boston stayed close by playing ferocious defense. Kobe was off shooting but ruled the defensive boards and in the end it was the Lakers that showed what defense can do. They went on that 9-0 run not because Boston went cold but because the Lakers were like a swarm of bees. Gasol and that wingspan at the top of the paint keeping the ball on the perimeter forced a lot of Boston shots-Artest's clutch downtowner-Fisher banging in that 3 and Kobe staying focussed was fun to watch.

This was the first time in Boston history they lost the 7th game. It was the first time Phil Jackson ever had a game 7. The fans were insane and I'm sure their "DEFENSE" roar inspired the Lakers to do just that. Excellent game.

thank you yankie jim , its good to get some feedback from someone who lives in the us and understands the game better than i , i have always liked lakers since the 80s , magic j days etc , but i dont fully understand the rules etc and the plays , i have recently got into the saints through a freind on here , and they won the superbowl ,,, still learning nfl lol ,,,  maybe seattle mariners can get up for me one day lol oh and the penguins , i like all the us sports must say hockey is my fav , great game and loved pittsburgh since the jaga days , he was a freak . thanks again mate , i did not kknow boston hadent been beaten in game 7 b4 they were hard to beat thats forsure ..

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 3:08 PM

acca:
    maybe seattle mariners can get up for me one day lol

LOL-DoubleMochaMan will be along shortly to educate you on the Mariners. 

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 3:16 PM

That would be Mariners without a compass... or a bullpen.

• Bezukhov
    32 Posts
    Sun, Jun 20 2010 10:05 AM

As an ardent Celtics fan I am finaly over my disappointment. Congratulations to the L.A. Lakers, they played inspired basketball. Yes, the rivalry between the two teams is intense but I will confess that I have always looked at any basketball player who wears a Laker uniform with respect.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jun 20 2010 2:53 PM

Bezukhov:
    Yes, the rivalry between the two teams is intense but I will confess that I have always looked at any basketball player who wears a Laker uniform with respect.

LOL-Spoken like a true Celtic fan. I can't tell you how many times I cursed Bill Russell. A shortish center, he absolutely ruled the Lakers back in the day and I hated when they had to face him.

The after game award ceremony was cute because the trophy named after him goes to the MVP and when he was introduced there was subdued applause and a few boos. Laker fans remember him and what he used to do to them. I do.

The Red Sox vs the Yankees has replace the LA/Boston rivalry for me but growing up a Laker fan I can tell you it's just as intense.  :-)

RSS