Forums

Help › Forums

Re: putting formula on tournament greens

Mon, Aug 2 2021 12:44 PM (42 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 3:44 AM

You are , of course 100% correct, lol. temporary brain fart where 18- 11 = 9 . Doh ! ( Fixed ) Yep Roger, there is no way "miss-ding" alone will compensate for the steepest sideslopes, you've got to use the combo just as you stated.

Doc :)

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 10:13 AM

mantis0014:

drmoose:
    prefer the "miss-ding" method on all but the steepest sideslopes

With the fast breaks...  Try moving aim and miss ding too.  

drmoose:

Yep Roger, there is no way "miss-ding" alone will compensate for the steepest sideslopes, you've got to use the combo just as you stated.

Doc :)

See my brief take on miss ding putting  on a steep slope at the thread w/ the image. (note the AIM pointer = text in pink, and how it can differ. Of course, power is different in both methods as stated previously) 

I may concur at times and use the off-ding method, as a failure in calculation using the ding method could result in the ball ending up far from the hole. But awareness of my putter's forgiveness, and reading the slope, while using an off-ding putting method (fig A at the thread link) may decrease the sphere of probable destinations for the ball. Even if I miss the ball ends up nearby.

Rewarding Ding putting on a steep slope may be more possible if I get more months of playing under my belt.

• Jedef
    63 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2021 12:44 PM

T

bdoherty:

alberich35:
    Formulas never work

Except that this a computer game based on formula riddled code, breaking that code will produce a winning formula.... 

Seriously, this has been a great discussion full of information on getting those long putts closer to the hole. Very Helpful.  I do agree with alberich35 no one formula will work consistently....

I will probably stick to aim, guess, putt, and pray!

Then kick the cat  :-(

RSS