Forums

Help › Forums

Re: QUITTERS

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 29 2022 12:29 AM (21 replies)
  • HWei
    534 Posts
    Wed, Jul 10 2013 1:04 PM

I have a problem with all you quitters out there. And not the ones who exit the right way. When you decide to play a round, you have made a commitment with everyone in your group that you will play it all the way out. Simple put, you are disrespecting the group and it shows your true sportsmanship and character. Quitting is not will not and can not be accepted at all. And I am not talking about those who leave because of life happens. But the others and you know who you are need to  not play or play with respect to the others in a group.

• Geahry1
    525 Posts
    Wed, Jul 10 2013 6:42 PM

CRTopper:

There has to be a better way of discouraging players from quitting a game.  My record of playing with quitters is 2 out 3 players quit during a game - this is very frustrating. Perhaps if these quitters were penalized - they would stop quitting - I have stopped playing with Foursomes - Hackers and Amateurs because of this issue. And the player that wants to play is penalized by not receiving Level points for the quitter and has to wait for 2-3 minutes to continue his game.

So, what if the player that quits was penalized -150 points against their Level Score for quitting a game.

And the player that continues to play the game out was awarded +150 points against their Lever Score for a quitter player.

And the waiting time was discontinued.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

A Frustrated Player

I QUIT ALL THE TIME:)

• coolasicebaby
    142 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2013 9:41 AM

Amen Sir !

• TiGuyDoux
    1 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2021 6:42 PM

This is so frustrating.  It's becoming a nightmare.  Without exaggeration, 8 of 10 games when playing Foursome are stopped because of quitters.  More frustrating, it does not add points to our profile.

It is clear to know that the opponents quit when you are leading by 3 or more holes.

I suggest that the quitters be penalized by blocking their access to WGT for 1 day and deduct points from their average. If WGT does not address the issue, I am sure they will be loosing players.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2021 9:25 PM
    I don't understand all the Bru haw, I presume that that you are talking about coin rooms? If so , then what's your problem, you win ! If not then disregard this, in the coin rooms , I'm happy as hell, cuz I get more games in, under my sponsorship. Win, win, for me
  • callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2021 5:55 AM

TiGuyDoux:
    Without exaggeration, 8 of 10 games when playing Foursome are stopped because of quitters.

I play alt shot only and I find the same thing, but not to this extreme. Maybe because I only play a few games a week. I learned long time ago to play legend and up and my quitters  % has gone way down. Cheers

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2021 6:21 AM

Luckystar5:
    I don't understand all the Bru haw, I presume that that you are talking about coin rooms? If so , then what's your problem, you win ! If not then disregard this, in the coin rooms , I'm happy as hell, cuz I get more games in, under my sponsorship. Win, win, for me

most of the posts were done in 2013. long before coin rooms. 

The guy that necro'd the post used the word foursome.

so nothing prior to your post has anything to do with coin rooms.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2021 2:46 PM
    Mythanatos:

Luckystar5:

I did state that if he wasn't speaking of coin rooms, to disregard my comments. Wake up and read entire post !
  • spgolfer3
    158 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2021 5:06 PM

I guess the answer is not to play randoms -

Set up games with your cc pals

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2021 4:04 PM

Luckystar5:
    Mythanatos:

Luckystar5:

I did state that if he wasn't speaking of coin rooms, to disregard my comments. Wake up and read entire post !

I did.  You said I presume.  
    It  was a wrong presumption and if as you say you woke up and paid attention your post didn’t apply from the start. 

reading comprehension 101.  

RSS