Help › Forums

Re: Practise

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 11 2010 7:18 AM (5 replies)
  • lapdancelilly
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 9:13 AM

Hi all

Is there any way to practice except for playing a whole round. I pretty good with distance but, my putting is poor. I could use some time on the green only?

Any way to do this?

Thanks

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 12:23 PM
    You get ten shots a hole. So once you are on the green, if you miss the putt just putt away from the hole and try again up to your ten stroke limit. This also works well for bunker practice. Happy hitting
  • terrydongle
    54 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 11:08 PM

I think they should introduce mulligans to the game. It is quite obvious that people want it,the really top players can't get that much better than they are at this game, which is a credit to them,but, its is the same people winning day in day out and no-one else is getting near them.

That way people can get better and will be more inclined to take on these top players in matchplay challenges, thus creating more revenue for WGT,because they will be more confident at the game to play for credits.

And i know that doesn't happen in real golf, but hey, this isn't a real golf is it.

Just a thought....

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 4:39 PM

terrydongle:

I think they should introduce mulligans to the game. It is quite obvious that people want it,the really top players can't get that much better than they are at this game, which is a credit to them,but, its is the same people winning day in day out and no-one else is getting near them.

That way people can get better and will be more inclined to take on these top players in matchplay challenges, thus creating more revenue for WGT,because they will be more confident at the game to play for credits.

And i know that doesn't happen in real golf, but hey, this isn't a real golf is it.

Just a thought....

Refresh my memory. How many mulligans per round are allowed in the USGA rules? And in PGA tournaments, what is the mulligan limit? Thank you.

• terrydongle
    54 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 6:10 AM

Read my last line AlaCowboy, i'll remind you again.

AlaCowboy:

Looks like you could do with it judging by your scores, thats not a dig at you either.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 7:18 AM

lapdance, there has been mention of a range and practice green possibly coming to WGT in the future.  As for now, like mentioned, do practice rounds and use the 10 shot limit, obviously a par 3 will give you 1 more chance then a par 4 will.  But why just practice putting, practice your approach shots just the same, learn where to land the ball and try different spins.  The best way to improve your putting is to leave yourself 5ft putts, not 50ft putts.

On another note, I will take a pass on the mulligan option.  Its not needed.  Not everyone can be the best, there are only a handful of people that can go low almost all the time ( I am not one of them), but they do it by practice.  It can be done, by everyone, practice and think.

RSS