Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Log of Chat with MisterWGT 9/28/12

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 8 2020 7:54 PM (22 replies)
  • Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2012 12:40 PM

On the whole it seemed to be an interesting chat.

The "chosen" questions that were answered, for me, seemed to be slightly too convenient. All but one that is...The question and reply about sandbagging seemed to be one that has been on many lips over not only a number of months but years. Strangely it is not something that has never bothered me at all. Sandbagging.

You have a few players out there that choose to manipulate their scores or performance for a number of reasons. Perhaps they like seeing that they have a sub 60 average at a low tier, or maybe they desire clubs on tee's that are far inferior to the equipment in hand. Either way it is something that can easily prove a mischief when they play someone like myself...They might have superior equipment due to my low-ish level. However they do come up short because they need to play on "my" greens which has proven time and again to be too much for their unexperienced hand on these carpets. But...The fact that measures are going to be put into plac to advance them can only be  good thing for the fair advancement of the game in general.

Moving along.

MisterWGT> SamanthaWho asks "Why can’t we have multiple round CTTH tourneys?"

Ok...so...This annoucement I'll have to give around a 2 on the excitement level. Let's be honest, not a huge amount of us play CTTH with any fierce enthusiasm unless there's a tidy prize attached to it.

did like the reply MisterWGT gave here...

"<MisterWGT> it's more a gauge of "likelihood" of a player finishing a game"

I agree 100% with this...Pun intended. If you're at 93% or 75% I know that you will most likely finish a game with me, which is cool, I like meeting people and chatting during a round...The fact that this percentage is there is a very helpful hint as to how you might conduct yourself during a round over and above the indication of your potential to finish a round with me. It is a good asset to the multiplayer game mode here on the site.

The announcement of WGT going mobile has not really made any impact on the rummble bars of my excitement. I don't own an Iphone for one, and his announcement hasn't made me want to go buy one. I dare say IF I did own one, I would not be that interested in playing WGT on it anway. However it is a good tool for the site to get itself out there to a new audience that might not have found the game online before, and stumble upon it while going through apps on their phone. The ultimate idea being they make the transition to online from mobile. But, as an addtion for the online player to play "anywhere"...It has very little appeal.

Next one...

<WGTpizza> alcaucin asks: any plans for full access to all clubs for Legends+?

<MisterWGT> No... at this time, we don't have plans to make all equipment available to legends+

<MisterWGT> we will selectively introduce new inventory that will be available based on tier

THIS was a question I was keen to be heard and answered. However I felt underwhelmed by the reply. "No...And I won't tell you why"...That is the sum of how this Q&A went for this particular query. Quite disappointed with that...Nay VERY disappointed.

The highlight to this entire chat was the announcement of the new course having been shot...I cannot wait to see it, and believe a wonderful job will be done in the making of it.

Going live with a game that has so many bugs seems a strange decision indeed, and one that almost sounds as if it's a forced one that some in the work stations of WGT HQ would rather not see happen just yet. This also might explain some of the rather silly products with even sillier price tags that have been introduced lately. But think of that comment as you will...I for one will always understand the decision of haste over quality to be a strategic business risk taken at an educated understanding of what needs and might not be done in time. Best of luck with this venture! It will be a challenge but so was making the game to begin with.

It was and always has been refreshing to see these chats. Keep up this very interesting method of communication with us, your consumers. Contrary to my somehwhat harsh comments above in places...I am a big fan of this chat and the game!

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2012 12:50 PM

Timbo1984:
    It was and always has been refreshing to see these chats. Keep up this very interesting method of communication with us, your consumers. Contrary to my somehwhat harsh comments above in places...I am a big fan of this chat and the game!

Those "harsh" comments, were offered succinctly with poise and class. This is how we will learn and grow as a game, and as a community. Great post, Timbo1984, your feedback is welcome  :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

RSS