Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New club set any good?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 24 2009 4:42 PM (3 replies)
  • mrboo
    211 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 12:45 PM

Just wondering if anyone has tried the new iron set, and what your opinion is on it. It looks like more precision and forgiveness but the meter speed is faster? Or is it slower? I'm still a newbie so I dunno much, is that even a new set?? lol, I'm lost. Thanks all.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 2:05 PM

I don't think there's that much difference between them. You get a little more yrdg out of them, but with the wind now, it is just like before. You have to practice, and especially now, you have to think before you grab a club and hit the ball. The meter is not any harder to hit, than the old ones.

The back nine is very tricky. I was able to get nine birdies in a round finally, but bogeyed ten. I'll still take the 64.

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 2:11 PM

new iron set is excellent. the precision is great.yardage is 5yds longer per club swing meter is slightly faster but not by much. i shot -10 on 18 the first time ised them,that was never even playing the back 9. can help ur game cuase u can be closer to pin with perfect swing because of the precision.

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 4:42 PM

I have the whole new set + all the drivers. I have not regreted any purchase on irons, wedges, putter, fairway woods or drivers. As with anything there will a little learning curve but it is not that much difference in the swingmeter speed in the irons. The Ping and Taylormade drivers are way faster than the original driver, but I like them a lot better.

RSS