Re: Tour Legends, tournament update

Mon, Jan 16 2023 4:47 PM (106 replies)
  • NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2020 2:15 PM

el3n1:

VanMeerV:
    Once again there are tools they use

your post and your username - reminded me of a movie called "Tim's Vermeer" and I felt parallels to WGT could be made in the sense...

either way, it takes time, work and effort ... and Tim's Vermeer is an interesting look at how a tech savvy enthusiast managed to reverse engineer and paint a Vermeer!  tedious none the less but it was still impressive!

+1

• VanMeerV
    989 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2020 6:13 AM

Your Correct, it does take time, and if you would like to start to post some links to these tools I am sure I can find some old post to help, and as you can see in Youngs post clearly using a calculator and I can assume if your shooting eagles every hole then your using one. I think you version of rules and honor is way different then wgt's. intent of the game, besides if your talking Tim I am sure he is a shirt tail cousin in Texas. 

Vic

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2020 6:06 AM

No special tools required... invest time in learning clubs ball combo, ie mapping them out, use whatever calculations work for you and be consistent with them, take notes when holes play different, and learn to putt by any of the numerous methods suggested in forum...

Your assumption that any of that is against the rules or honor is quite far off base, because WGT just recently made one person a hall of fame member that has shown doing those things can and will improve your play.   If WGT deemed any of it improper they would have suggested otherwise.

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2020 1:13 PM

You can get the calculations within 95% accuracy just by doing some simple mental math.  It isn't that complicated.  Wind speed and direction combined with elevation changes and yardage.  Once you understand how each one impacts the shot you can quickly get pretty close to figuring out the yardage needed.  The simple left or right aiming without a ruler is a little tougher since you are just eyeballing it.

• EllisMcIntyre
    2 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2020 3:01 PM

DanL24:

You can get the calculations within 95% accuracy just by doing some simple mental math.  It isn't that complicated.  Wind speed and direction combined with elevation changes and yardage.  Once you understand how each one impacts the shot you can quickly get pretty close to figuring out the yardage needed.  The simple left or right aiming without a ruler is a little tougher since you are just eyeballing it.

• EllisMcIntyre
    2 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2020 3:02 PM

EllisMcIntyre:

DanL24:

• redduck45
    20 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2021 12:04 PM

1 great thing about new site is to turn off the chat most welcome 

• bigdaddytroy1234
    5 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2022 9:41 AM

i havent play let u fucker what the *** code ii shot 5 under i want the *** code

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2022 10:11 AM

bigdaddytroy1234:

i havent play let u $$$$$$ what the *** code ii shot 5 under i want the *** code

What is....How to get banned from forums.

RSS