Re: Are golfers p*ssies?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 20 2012 10:42 PM (37 replies)
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 6:42 PM

JaLaBar:

dario2589:
    Because every stroke counts and if someone yells at the top of your backswing you gonna hit the ball out of bounds probably... You have never palyed golf in real life right?

Wrong.  I have played thousands of rounds... noise never bothered me.  Again, every at-bat in a baseball game counts as well.  It's called focus, and if you have it you tune out the outside distractions.  Or I did, at least.

And I should clarify... I am not talking about some fan intentionally shouting to attempt to distract during a shot.  That would be dickish and I can understand a golfer getting pissed about that.  But the mild chatter of the fans and that gentleman shouting "Quiet Please!" until everyone completely stops talking is ridiculous.  They should not require absolute crowd silence to play.

now this is a funny subject. I think the silence comes the the Country Club Nature of Pro Golf. They keep the riff raff out of their Clubs so they expect the same while playing for the poor slobs who paid to watch them. I'd really like to see the the Pros have to find their own damn golf balls. Good luck finding it 360 yards away in the rough. I've attended a couple of PGA Tourneys and it pissed me off seeing the fairway stewards point out their balls in the rough. Maybe next time I'll make some noise to get even with them.  :-)

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2012 9:31 AM

It's not only a noise factor i.r. to distractions in golf in general. It's movement, real distracting movement while the player is trying to hit the golf ball.

I don't know if it's because I have watched Tiger Woods so much that I have become biased(he's been the spotlight of the TV coverage of the tourneys because he's alway leading or up there in the top 10.

It just seems like he's the one that goes ape shyt about noise or camera's or movement or whatever before a shot. I don't recall Nicklaus ever getting that upset about noise or movement the way Woods does.

Maybe he gets so upset because he has anger issues. Maybe Tiger needs to spend some time in anger management with Jack NIcholson idk lol.

Tiger knows every shot counts so much because he wants to BEAT Nicklaus's records so bad, that's why all serious & crap idk.

Some PGA players seem to be oblivious to noise while hitting or anything else. Some don't seem to get distracted by noise or movement or earthquakes or anything else.

Just a couple of my thought about it.

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2012 12:45 PM

I never saw Nicklaus play in person, but I've seen Tiger and it is a MADHOUSE. Nicklaus was not a popular guy for a long time (unlike Tiger), because he was Palmer's nemesis ... there were less fans in general back then, and most of them were diehard golfers -- lots of people in the crowd following Tiger know nothing about golf (trust me, it's obvious when you're there) or how to behave at a golf tournament. He also has problems with pro photogs snapping pics; there are probably 20 times as many photographers trailing Tiger compared to Nicklaus. You rarely see other players have problems with the crowd; that's partly because everyone is following Tiger.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2012 1:06 PM

The boo-bears also liked to make lots of racket during Nicklaus's backswing at Oakmont At the U.S. Open against Palmer. Jack was quite young then? Was that Jacks 1st U.S. Open?

I know that Tiger has to endure one hell of alot of heckling & snapping cameras, many many distractions & managed to still play great golf. Players are different. I don't mind but I'm sure there are lots of Bible belters that don't appreciate "G DAMMIT" being yelled over the TV on Sunday afternoon. idk lol

As far as the lost ball thing & player getting their ball found for them, it hilarious the way the young folk just race after Tigers ball & swarm around it, too funny. They move a 2 ton rock for him & everything else.

• Bizzalls
    21 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2012 9:49 AM

This is well analyzed.

I would ask the OP this question also:

Would you want a nurse "noonan-ing!!" your surgeon during your appendectomy?

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 5:55 AM

I tell you who the real p*ssies are: WGT players. They whine about everything. I hit the ding and the ball went 2 yards left! boo hoo.... I got unfair winds! waaaaaah.... My shot went farther than it should have! .....sob.... My meter skipped! I want my mommy!!!!! I lost 50 cents in a ready go because WGT is out to get me!! waaaaaaaaaah wwwaaaah waaaah

• gofbals
    178 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 6:33 AM

Now theres a leader if you ever saw one.

• easternguy
    301 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 10:42 PM

Constant noise doesn't bother golfers, intermittent noise does...

RSS