Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tournament Questions

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 23 2009 1:59 AM (8 replies)
  • FreddyFox
    60 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2009 4:20 AM

So let's say you start out a Skills challenge tourney that lasts 3 weeks. In the middle of that time, your rank changes from Hack to Amateur. Can you continue to try to improve in that tourney or are you no longer eligible to improve your score because your status changed? The larger questions would be, would your score be still eligible altogether? Would it be transfered to the Amateur tourney if no longer eligible in the Hack tourney?

• rius72
    1 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2009 1:12 PM

im a spanish player....how can i play more tournaments????

thanks

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2009 2:22 PM

Fred, that's a good question.  <incorrect guess removed>

Rius: Spain hasn't been added to the list of available countries yet.  I'm sure it's near the top of WGT's to-do list because there are quite a few players from your country on this site.  Just hang out and be patient. :)

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2009 11:37 AM

Hi Freddy, for the duration of the tournament, you would remain a Hack.

• lethaljuju
    4 Posts
    Fri, Mar 20 2009 5:22 AM

Hello,

i'm french, so please excuse my english level :-)

Is it for the same reason that I can't apply for a tournament on this website?
    Have I to make some advertising 'bout that game? :-)

Thanks!

G'bye!

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Mar 20 2009 2:11 PM

Hi lethaljuju, France is not yet on our list of eligible countries for entering tournaments. However, we have an international tournament each month where players compete for bragging rights. You can enter it here: http://www.wgt.com/tournaments/details.aspx?ID=d35e2464-4f78-47cb-b04d-9bc400a2bbe0

You can also play in sweepstakes challenges, though you wouldn't be eligible for the prize drawing. We are working on getting more countries eligible soon.

• RolandBJ
    1 Posts
    Sat, Mar 21 2009 4:19 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have been playing the WGT since October 2008 I have enjoyed this game even more since to got a computer that's more compatable to WGT requirements. My scores have improved greatly. I look forward to play in more tournements and being more competitive.

Have fun and play golf!

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2009 12:34 AM

Hi

In the closest to the hole tournaments - they are generally unlimited plays. If you say play 6 rounds is it your best round that gets put forward as entry.

Cheers Doug

• FreddyFox
    60 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2009 1:59 AM

Thanks Alex. Appreciate the clarification, and your work here on the site. Having tons of fun.

RSS