Help › Forums

Re: A fine medium

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 14 2009 8:33 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2009 9:15 PM

I agree with you viz. There's definitely a bit more luck involved than there was before, but it does give a lot more people a chance to be competitive and win.

I'm just concerned about the scoring precedent it sets for future tournaments.  Winners will most likely need to score in the 20's every time and those numbers are just too low across the board.

Shooting a 59 is such a rarity in tournament golf.  Some PGA Pros are lucky to hit this number ever and I just want to see the game's scoring distribution more reflective of that.

• Caven
    63 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2009 9:51 PM

A problem with the March 5th update was when you hit a good shot you expected good results and that did not happen.

The fix the other day has created a situation where when you hit a poor shot it is usually an average shot.

I would like to see what would happen if the degree of difficulty of the clubs were set at the mean of the March 5th update and current settings.  That might prove interesting and create more realistic averages in relation to a players ability.

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2009 8:33 AM

This is purely my opinion and may not be the best suggestion, but it would really help if I knew just how much deviation from the straight shot a particular club had. Another golf game I own and play (GL Golf) uses a narrow white wedge to show the left to right range a shot can deviate in. It gets wider if you're in the rough and narrower on the fairway.

Not saying the deviation would necessarily need to vary depending on lie for WGT, but at least knowing just how much a shot could be off straight would help a little. Obviously more precise clubs would have a narrower aim wedge and less precise would have a wider aim wedge.

And as always, mishits would affect the wedge as well, with more forgiving clubs decreasing the amount outside that aim wedge a mishit shot would deviate.

Again, just a suggestion that doesn't necessarily need to be implemented. I just feel that without the option to test clubs, it's hard to look at the little precision scale and get an accurate feel for how far from center a particular club may hit.

• PAGES
RSS