Forums

Help › Forums

Re: no foregiveness with new swing meter

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 17 2020 1:56 PM (5 replies)
  • PERUSKI
    2 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2009 4:55 AM

i have been playing this game for awhile now and up until a few days ago i have been able to use the swing meter to my advantage by adjusting it to play the wind. (i.e. wind left to right at 5 mph, stop the meter left of perfect). this has always worked pretty well until a few days ago. i noticed that now if i stop the meter to the left or right of the perfect spot, the ball is going more left or right than it has in the past. is this true for anyone else?how can i play the wind and still put the ball where i want it? my ball is in the rough if i miss perfect swing by a hair! 

• Jerry45Meadows
    7 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2009 7:01 AM

Couldn't agree more.  It's all about the timing.  After seeing my average climb by six strokes, I finally broke par this morning and I still can't figure out the fourth and fifth holes, but just focus on your timing and it'll start to make sense.  Moving the triangle with the wind helps, but from the pro tees, at least, that's really tricky, especially on 2, 3, 6 and 8.  You can miss the right spot by one click on 3 and the ball will end up 15 to 20 feet away, even by hitting the sweet spot.  I've spent more time in the sand on 3 than anywhere else on the course. And with the wind in your face and down it's really hard to get a good lie off the drive on two.

• wleiss
    6,254 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2020 7:01 AM

If you are talking about Flash, I agree 100%.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2020 7:49 AM

I sure hope in the 11 YEARS since he posted this that he's figured it out!!!!!!!!

• wleiss
    6,254 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2020 8:07 AM

MarchieB:

I sure hope in the 11 YEARS since he posted this that he's figured it out!!!!!!!!

WGT must be doing it on 11 year cycles. 2031 is gonna be hell.

• callaghan159
    6,216 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2020 1:56 PM

MarchieB:

LMAO.... 😂😂😂

RSS