Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How does one report a verbally abusive player?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 14 2010 6:54 PM (8 replies)
  • Speedly
    6 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 6:39 PM

Just like the subject says - I have had a verbally abusive player recently in a match (not towards me, but way outside the realm of decorum). How would I go about bringing attention to this player from the admins?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 6:44 PM

By sending an email to members@worldgolftour.com.

• Speedly
    6 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 7:36 PM

Thank you for the link. Much appreciated!

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 6:32 AM

It would be awesome to also have some type of notification when a moderator is online and available (outside of the friends notification). so more timely feedback could be sent directly to the on-duty mod.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 4:49 PM

Speedly:

Just like the subject says - I have had a verbally abusive player recently in a match (not towards me, but way outside the realm of decorum). How would I go about bringing attention to this player from the admins?

First of all i'm never verbally abusive in stroke play rounds. Well.. at least I never start it. lol.

What really befuddles me is how peoples minds have become so delicate.

Every time someone gets offended they throw some big hissy fit and feel like they've been SO traumatized!? REALLY????

You've never been offended before? Should people be locked up and banned for offensive words? I just don't know. I get offended all the time.. it's part of life. I'm seeing this trend where anytime anyone gets slightly offended they call the cops. WTF? Oh occifer he doesn't agree w/ my political, socioeconomic, or religious views! Arrest HIM! LMAO.

I would hate to live in a society where verbal abuse was prosecuted by law or administered by an oversight committee. If you don't like what they're saying disconnect and never play with them again. Ignore them.

It's so pompous to imagine that a person shouldn't have a right to say what they think. You're not guaranteed to like it.

I'm sorry i'm not condoning verbal abuse.. but they're just words.. and unless a sincere and valid threat is implied there should be no oversight. Not in THIS country.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 5:26 PM

While we understand your perspective, smason77, players will get the most enjoyment out of WGT if common etiquette rules are observed, and there is a set of community guidelines that we ask our members to adhere to. The spirit of golf relies on the integrity of the player and consideration for others, and these values extend to the online community at WGT.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 6:34 PM

smason77:
    It's so pompous to imagine that a person shouldn't have a right to say what they think. You're not guaranteed to like it.

And this attitude is why you got to enjoy a WGT-sponsored time out.

Like any closed 'community', there are rules one has to live by if one wishes to continue to be a part of said 'community'.

Now, if you don't like the rules, you don't have to stay.  Now THAT is a free society.  You can come and go as you please. 

But, while you are in WGT's sandbox, you get to play by WGT's rules.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 6:54 PM

Snaike:

smason77:

And this attitude is why you got to enjoy a WGT-sponsored time out.

Like any closed 'community', there are rules one has to live by if one wishes to continue to be a part of said 'community'.

Now, if you don't like the rules, you don't have to stay.  Now THAT is a free society.  You can come and go as you please. 

But, while you are in WGT's sandbox, you get to play by WGT's rules.

There is no attitude in my post. I was simply stating that I believe people tend to become a little too traumatized. Perhaps tend to play the victim at times. This may be WGT and perhaps WGT doesn't believe in "freedom of speech" but I certainly do.

I understand that this is WGT's community and i've, thus far, tried to be more cordial and respectful of others and follow the etiquette.

By your standards are you proclaiming that Augusta National would ban a member for using highly sophisticated golf terms such ****, ****, and *** ******?

I've had people send me some really nasty and ugly stuff on here.. I still have them in my personal email.. but I never reported it. It didn't make me cry. I didn't feel violated.

I'm well aware that it is my personal choice to be a part of this game. I never stated otherwise. Did I?

Your condescending reference to a "sandbox" isn't appreciated and while you claim to support such etiquette you continue to make snide remarks that are easily interpreted as opposing the "beliefs" and "rules" that you claim to be supporting.

I was simply stating my opinion. Any establishment that accepts my Dollar better damn well be prepared to accept my opinion.

Like I said. You don't have to like it.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 6:59 PM

WGTadmin:

While we understand your perspective, smason77, players will get the most enjoyment out of WGT if common etiquette rules are observed, and there is a set of community guidelines that we ask our members to adhere to. The spirit of golf relies on the integrity of the player and consideration for others, and these values extend to the online community at WGT.

I do understand that and Thank you.

RSS