Help › Forums

Re: club purchase

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 14 2010 7:25 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Killjoy1
    27 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 9:16 AM
    Ok Mick think i made my mind up , im going for, Rapture v2 pro driver and 3 fairway wood, Rapture v2 pro iron set Z satin 64 degree wedge, Daytona putter, What do you think m8?
  • micklen
    221 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 9:24 AM

andypat:
    anyone help with this maybe suggest  decent driver foe a amatuer.

I would advise you not to upgrade till you reach pro.  You can easily reach pro with the standard clubs then when you get to Pro there are a much greater range of clubs

Mick

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 9:27 AM

Killjoy1:
    Ok Mick think i made my mind up , im going for, Rapture v2 pro driver and 3 fairway wood, Rapture v2 pro iron set Z satin 64 degree wedge, Daytona putter, What do you think m8?

Sounds fine to me  I presume you will be getting a 54 and 60 Z Satins??  Nothing wrong with Ping clubs and in here I should not be so prejudiced, but it's what you feel confident with I guess.

Give me a shout when you got used to them and we'll have a round or two.  Remember not to rush up to Master.  It can creep up on you when you're not looking and it's a big jump

Mick

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 9:32 AM

andypat:
    I have tried to upgrade but it tells me I havent reached the right levels yet

Hi Andypat and welcome. If you see that message it means you're trying to buy a club only sold at specific levels and above. The good news is that you can buy a good driver now, one that will take you to the master level. The Taylor Beginner 10.5 driver. The Beginner tag is a bit misleading because at 245 yards it's the longest one you can buy. The Ping is the same thing with a bit slower meter. The Tour Pro does too but it has a high trajectory and is a little more susceptible to wind. The TM and the Ping are both med/high so your roll at the end will be more. Combine either one of these drivers with one of the increased distance balls and you'll be right where you want to be. GL

Incidentally, you can see all the things you need to know about the clubs here...

http://wgt.com/forums/t/6927.aspx?PageIndex=1

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 8:56 PM

Thanks for the info will give it a try I have rented the tm burner will see how I get on with it.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 10:56 PM

Killjoy1:

If you ever intend on going master you're going to have to deal with the faster swing meter sooner or later.

I was never really interested in the raptures because I one day plan on becoming competitive on this game.

The Z satin wedges are awesome. I have all but the the 56º.

Once I actually reach master i'll trade in my 54º tp pro for the master 54º.

The Daytona is a good putter but i've noticed throughout my experience in the game that nothing is more important than the speed and read of your putts. Not the putter per se. After all, just like in real golf, putting becomes the biggest factor.

I have the Daytona... it's an excellent putter.. but don't read too much into the specs. Putting is an art and the putter is only a tool.

• Killjoy1
    27 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 4:52 AM
    Thnxs smason yeah i agree, i will have to get used to higher meter speeds, so i am looking at other clubs now lol, its like a mine field lol.
  • trevorh68
    24 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 2:11 PM

andypat:

I have only been playing on here a few days but have already realised that the driver I have isn't long enough as I am struggling to reach some of the long par 4's in 2 but I have tried to upgrade but it tells me I havent reached the right levels yet anyone help with this maybe suggest  decent driver foe a amatuer.

Thanks andy

As Mick says I would personally wait until you reach Pro tier before upgrading any clubs. Getting there is easy enough with the starter clubs, only took me a few days to get there and another couple of days to decide which clubs to go for.

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 7:25 PM

Well I rented the TM  burner and what a difference just need to get used to the faster meter now found it much easier to shape my shots think this will be a perminant add to the bag, just need to sort the short game now. Thanks guy's there is a lot of wisdom and knowlegde on here, I think i will be spending playing golf and really enjoy this site.

• PAGES
RSS