Forums

Help › Forums

Re: chips??

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 14 2010 7:15 PM (5 replies)
  • Plucker13
    39 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 1:20 PM

I can't figure out why when you are on the very edge of the green or on the fringe the ball often goes only 1 or 2 yards. this just happened to me being on the edge with 22 yards to go and a 20/30 cut, i hit the ball 22 yards and the ball went 2 yards only??? go figure that 1, and it's happens often. Whats up with that? I thought the ball was supposed to go 25% air and 75% ground??

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 1:56 PM

Check this out.

• Plucker13
    39 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 4:49 PM

yep read it fully twice before and thought i was doing things properly, though the example i gave above was a shot off the 2nd cut less that 1 yard off the green and the ball traveled 2 yards on a 22 yard shot. its not the 1st time so it has me sratching my head wondering what i need to do, take notice this doesent happen every time i am in this very same position some time it works well other times the ball goes a few yards, same shot different results. It lead me to wonder if the program isint playing my shot for me??

• Whogolf
    78 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 9:47 PM

Try only using the Starter LW at full instead of chip shots.  I never dub a shot, and usually get close to the hole,once you get used to it. When i`m less than a yard from the green, and less than 15 yards from the hole, then I use the chip shot.  I do that in real golf too.

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 2:24 AM

Same as whogolf I very rarely use chip or pitch.  I have a 64 wedge and I use that on full shot for virtually every shot it will reach.  It tends not to roll far and once you have your distances sorted it is usually wedge - one putt

I as you found chipping and especially pitching to be a little too inconsistent for me.  Try the full shot and when you feel ready to upgrade your clubs my advice would be get rid of the hybrid and carry 3 wedges including the very useful 64

Mick

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 7:15 PM

Wow glad it's not just me I have dropped so many shots due to the inconsistancy around the fringes looks like a 64 deg wedge might be on it's way into my bag?

RSS