Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Golf Gods

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 11 2010 4:27 PM (6 replies)
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 12:14 PM

Did anyone else see what just happened to Phil?

Old Lefty ought to get a do over or something.That was unbelievable...

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 1:19 PM

No kidding. Where did that even come from??

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 2:46 PM

Well they just made it up to him on 13. Unbelievable recovery from the trees.

*edit* and gag the eagle while Tiger gets an attitude after missing a birdie and tanks the tip in. Game over for him.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 2:59 PM

The closest pine tree was 40 yards away and there was almost zero wind.One of the announcers later suggested that a gallery member might have thrown it in his exact line.Nick Faldo said if thats the case then that was the best shot of the week.

I thought Phil had just got a little redemption at the par 5 13th after he put his second shot, from the woods,to within 3 ft. of the pin.He missed the eagle but managed to get the birdie from about the same distance.

Looks like A K still has a chance...

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 3:03 PM

YankeeJim:

*edit* and gag the eagle while Tiger gets an attitude after missing a birdie and tanks the tip in. Game over for him.

Tiger's back nine is sickening. I guess he's human =(

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 4:05 PM

rehill:

YankeeJim:

After 5 months even with working out which you know he did he probably just ran out of steam. There is no replacement for  4 real rounds of golf in 4 days. We all know what it feels like to play the first time after having to take time off because of the bad winter weather after 9 holes we are exhausted. At least I am and I workout 4 days a week. And the pressure of tournament play just multiplies the exhaustion factor.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 4:27 PM

borntobesting:

rehill:

YankeeJim:

After 5 months even with working out which you know he did he probably just ran out of steam. There is no replacement for  4 real rounds of golf in 4 days. We all know what it feels like to play the first time after having to take time off because of the bad winter weather after 9 holes we are exhausted. At least I am and I workout 4 days a week. And the pressure of tournament play just multiplies the exhaustion factor.

He played at an elite level throughout the tourney, like normal. However, his putting seemed a little off the whole time.

RSS