Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Newbe to master tier

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 11 2010 9:29 AM (5 replies)
  • bucknut68
    84 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:36 PM

Just made master today. Unfortunately, skills aren't ready for that tier. Any help with suggestions for master clubs when I can afford them would be helpful. i.e... g10 vs. TM or anywhere in between. Currently use rapture set but with master tees I'm concerned with length on more than a few holes. Any help would be recieved with open arms. Thanks to everyone.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:54 PM

I like my club set up. TM Master R9, G10 Master 3-wood, G10 Master Irons, and three wedges (satin 56, 60 and 64). I highly recommend getting the R9 Master Driver for the master tier hole distances.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 6:20 PM

I would say to be more honest with you're scoring and not jump into the master tier when you're not prepared for it. I don't know how many players (during live rounds) i've heard state that "I wish I could just be pro again".

I flirted with the 65 average after only saving my best rounds... then I realized that i'm not ready to go to master yet and started posting every round.. honestly. There's a huge difference between that and sandbagging.

A lot of players only post their best rounds which may elevate them to the tier of master long before they're ready to become master. Ah well.

Too little too late on this occasion. Good LUck.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 10:23 PM

Also Try one of the better balls the b-xd is ok but you need one with good spin rating imo.Like the Tour sd 2 spin and 2 distance. It is a little less durable than the b-xd but it's ok.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 11:06 PM

The clubs you need are the G10 Master set, spread the wedges out to cover say 100 yrds to 50 yrds. Driver is up to you as well as 3W. The raptures do not have the trajectory that is preferred although some do fine with them. Several ways to skin a cat I suppose. :)

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 9:29 AM

Since becoming Masters a couple of days ago all I have changed are my Driver and 3w and so far I am quite happy.  Not being a Ping fan I have the R9 driver and 3w and my irons are the Tour Burner Pro with my wedges being the Z Satin TP Pros and the Daytona putter.  I am getting along fairly well at the moment but I would guess I will eventually got for a set of Tour Preferred irons and mebbe even the Masters Satin wedges but as I say at the moment I am happy with what I have got.  I will try the GI-SD over my GI-S sometime.  Shame they are so many more credits though  :-((

Mick

RSS