Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Thankfully...The Masters has started...

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 9 2010 8:46 AM (24 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 8:51 PM

Snaike:
    Had he not been rusty he would have left those three holes at -6 for the tourney.

My point was, Tiger hadn't played for 141 days or so. He played round one like he never left the game, to me. Could he have played better? I suppose, but it was his best start at Augusta.

If Tiger wins, is rusty still relevant? I would have to say if Tiger wins, or even gets a top five finish, then he played like he never left the game. I suppose one could say it was a warrant-less five month vacation he was on.   : )

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 9:04 PM

I'm convinced that having the weight of his double-life off of his shoulders is gonna make him even more dangerous long term. This is the best R1 he has ever produced in a Masters tourney, and I think that already throws the 'rusty' aspect out of the convo. he has been golfing for a long time with this hanging over his head, knowing it could blow up at any time, and he no longer has to worry about that, +1 for his game. ok, +3.

As intentional and calculating as he is, it was also a good choice to start back now, where Augusta is in control of everything. Smart move on his part, and it will only go to soften the fallout from here on out. He handled himself with the utmost of professionalism after the round in the interview room, and was very focused.

I was a bit worried about the 'rusties' too, but have now put that thought process to rest for good. he's back, he's better than ever, and he has a clear head. Watch out golf world.....

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 9:08 PM

I totally agree VH.

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 6:07 AM

In many other tournaments Tiger is unique in that while a rather unknown player may be shooting a lights out best round of his life, Tiger would still ruin their dreams by finding a way to win.

However the Masters seems to test history.

Since 1987 do these names ring a bell?

Mize, Lyle, Woosman, O'meara, Cabrera, Immelman, Johnson, and Weir.

It will be tense and exciting if at least 5 players are in the hunt on Sunday.

Which path will history stride upon?

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 8:46 AM

rehill:
    How much did the 61 impact your average?
    not at all... it was dropped because it's obviously not in the best 10 of my last 14 scores.

You just don't know how jealous that makes me.  :)

RSS