Forums

Help › Forums

Re: over praise

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 25 2009 11:06 AM (8 replies)
  • paulstratts
    1 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2008 8:41 AM

hi guy's & girls when u watch golf whether men's or lady's tour don't u think they get over praised on some of their shots. the ball lands 30ft from the flag and they call it a great shot,on any given medal in any country if u landed the ball that far from the pin wouldn't  u curse that it's not close enough. so why is it that they get the praise , after all they are professionals

• FreddieLove
    58 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2008 6:18 AM

Maybe because they can acually make the putt! HAHA

• cptoben
    4 Posts
    Wed, Nov 19 2008 12:35 PM

have you ever been to a professional course? some holes it takes an unbelievalble shot to get it close to the pin and maybe 30 feet is a really good shot,

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2009 3:25 PM

I know Phil Mikelson is a great golfer but it seems when ever I watch him he misses a short putt.

• KillerRabbit
    31 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2009 4:17 PM

Yes they are overprasied  and over paid.

• TitleistPro
    94 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2009 1:23 PM

Sounds like an awful lot of jealousy??

They are independent contractors, if they don't make the cut they paid to be there for free.

Two of my friends are working to stay on the tour, they get very little endorsement money.  Travel and stay in motel 8's 

It isn't as glamorous except for the top 125 maybe.

That is the top 125 players in the world.

Pretty steep odds if you ask me

• talkalotalex
    2 Posts
    Tue, Feb 3 2009 3:35 PM

u do have a point! I once did Oakland Hills cc and it took amazing skill! I looked horrible out there. :)

• GFORCE13
    9 Posts
    Mon, Feb 23 2009 8:35 AM

Trust me, they deserve every bit of praise they get. On my home course I have a 2 handicap. I hit long and can work the ball in either direction. I have played pro level courses many times and nothing makes you appreciate how good these guys truly are. Rough that you can't even find your ball in let alone hit it out of, greens 12+ that seem like they are constructed from concrete. Tees that are so far back you have to hit 250 off the tee to even get the ball in play. Keep in mind all of our home courses are set up for public play and not many of us shoot under 90 let alone under par. Also try and remember that those 5' putts are for very large sums of money, while being watched by 1000's of spectators. Pressure effects skill, ask anyone who has played competitive tournament golf, throw money into the equasion and those 5' putts look like 50' putts. Any proffesional athlete who has reached the pinacle of their trade, not only has earned the right to be there but has to continuoulsy fight to stay there and deserves all the financial reward that comes with their efforts. Just my opinion.

• TXBowhunter
    82 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2009 11:06 AM

Every play the #4 hole on here and be happy to just get within 20ft!!  Same thing.  Those greens can look VERY tiny from 180yards away, with millions of people watching.

RSS