Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Changing your name on WGT

Sat, Feb 25 2023 6:29 AM (36 replies)
  • Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2016 10:59 AM

I cant believe they are telling you all they wont let you change your wgt name, when i have come across a few players who are legends or tour legends and im playing a round with them and it says they joined within the last couple weeks, so i type in the message box, what gives tour legend in two weeks??, i have had on at least 3 different occasions been told when asking that question..I had wgt change my name for me, still had the same level, tier, clubs and the same cc.

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2016 11:29 AM

What WGT is telling you guys is pure baloney !

I know of one fellow who got his first username changed. He admitted it to me!

Gary

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2016 12:05 PM

it took me an hour or so but i found a few examples im not going to post the wgt players names at this point, but if you go to the wgt homepage and then expand the list of monthly money winners, scroll down a bit as the top money winners surely cheat, but aren't caught up in the name changing , there are examples of several top tier players who joined near the end of 2015 or beginning of 2016 <---that is not when they actually joined, it is when wgt changed their name for them.

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2016 12:28 PM

Mcduff61:

it took me an hour or so but i found a few examples im not going to post the wgt players names at this point, but if you go to the wgt homepage and then expand the list of monthly money winners, scroll down a bit as the top money winners surely cheat, but aren't caught up in the name changing , there are examples of several top tier players who joined near the end of 2015 or beginning of 2016 <---that is not when they actually joined, it is when wgt changed their name for them.

I don't know-------I wouldn't call top money winners cheats .  You're asking for it !

All I know is this 1 fellow got his name changed. He's not a big money winner but he had trouble with the tools in his CC----so that is probably why it was changed.

I'm going to leave it at that !

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2016 1:17 PM

Friendofyourwife played here a long time and then disappeared (no longer exists so I'm not naming a player) and I'm certain is back under a different name. The new player has, as you say, got to a very high level very quickly.  So yes, there must be a way of changing and keeping your level.

Some of what you are looking at may be folk switching from Facebook or some such.

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2016 3:33 PM

im asking for it? screw you! you should have left it at "i dont know"

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2016 5:50 PM

Mcduff61:

im asking for it? screw you! you should have left it at "i dont know"

Mcduff----I meant no harm saying that----I just thought you might get jumped on by others who defend top winners !

Take care---sorry for the miss understanding !

Have a nice day !

• deadeye9145
    371 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2016 3:17 PM

There are multiple examples of people changing names.  Just open a new account with different e-mail and other info, and rake in the credits.  Lots of people doing it.

deadeye9145

• jhgfdcvvb
    1 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2023 12:34 PM

Sounds like lazy coders. You can easily change name and keep all friends etc. Sad. Also bit of a money grab here if you want to get anything. I think I'll go back to good ole 2K golf.

• BackHolePunter
    4 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2023 8:26 AM

I intended for my name to be BACKHOLEPUTTER....although 100% fault is my own having began playing not even realizing name being incorrect, it would be really nice and I would imagine greatly appreciated to have name changing ability and guidelines.  Impersonation issues just simply cannot be a legit answer.  The number of players and yeah money involved in your app far exceeds any issues that occur probably less than a percent....Seriously be real....imo it sounds like there has been personal issues with someone impersonating where as wgt should take the least impersonable role.  Sounds like we as members are just not worth wgt's time.  Our time and money are worth everything to you tho.....Why not give us the option to pay for the inconvenience to you of changing our names?  That would fit perfectly with the limited or lack of appreciation I feel as a 12 year member of your golf community.  I can barely get compensation half of the time for coins taken without even beginning a coin room match so yeah give us the option to pay for name change with credits.  Not only will you profit from it but you will profit more when paid for nothing like in the coin room match scenario.....one word to describe wgt golf........whatever.

RSS