Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Swing meter speed is causing brain to melt

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 11 2010 8:07 AM (3 replies)
  • micklen
    221 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 4:35 AM

Just having played the 2nd round in the free multiround I realise I haven't got a clue about this game

What is totally beating me is the different speed the meter seems to return especially after setting a part shot or a putt

Particularly with the putting it is causing me to miss the snap by some distance but I just cannot seem to gauge the speed the meter will return

I am at present using standard free clubs apart from a couple of loans, a WTG Tour Pro driver which does seem to be helping me and a Tour Starter Gold putter that advertises as having a very slow swing meter, but in my eyes sometimes comes back so fast I can hardly see it

Can anyone give me an idea of what regulates the speed of the swing meter regarding the power of the shot, not what club you are using, as the distance I 'swing back the club' seems to affect the 'forward swing' so much

Coming from Links and Shot Online I am used to a swing meter that pretty much moves at the same speed for each shot and what to me appears to be very varied speed swing meter is driving me mad

Or is it just that my brain has finally died and I am imagining all this

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 11:58 AM

Hi Micklen.  The swing meter is a dastardly device for older-folk like me.  All of your clubs are probably slightly different in meter speed.  If you will notice, even your starter wedges are much faster than the rest of your clubs.  The farther you pull your backswing, the faster the meter will return towards the ding.  Meaning if you max-out your backswing the meter will run faster than if you hit a shot at 50% power.

Rest assured you will get accustomed to the meter no matter how old or hatin' it you are.  Just keep playing and try to have fun.

• meboy
    5 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 6:41 AM
    Hi I use a ruler at the bottom of the screen and on the swing meter that way you can use the ruler to get a better idea of how much to swing. For me on my woods and irons about 1/4 of an inch is about 10 yards. So you will have to test it out on your clubs. Hope this helps. Meboy
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 8:07 AM

Take a practice swing before every shot to get a feel for the swing meter speed for the particular shot you're going to make.   

RSS