The PGA Tour travels to TPC Scottsdale this weekend for the Waste Management Phoenix Open, one of the largest and funnest events in golf, with over 500,000 fans expected.
When you think of the Phoenix Open, you immediately think of the loudest hole in golf, the famous 16th hole (pictured above). This ampitheater par 3 is home to over 20,000 screaming fans fueled by the warm weather, great shots, and plenty of beer! The traditional "Quiet Please" signs are ignored by crowd boos, cheers and chants.
See and hear it for yourself in this video of Tiger Woods and his epic hole-in-one at the 1997 Phoenix Open...and the crowds have only gotten bigger since!
Back to the golf, here are some players to watch this weekend...
- Phil Mickelson - rocky start but won here in 1996 and 2005 and has the Arizona State Sun Devils and Sparky on his side
- Rickie Fowler - debuted in 13th place last weekend at Torrey Pines and should have the co-ed support
- Mark Wilson - defending 2011 champion off to another strong start
- Bill Haas - 2011 FedEx Cup Champ is coming on strong with 4th place at Torrey Pines
- Brandt Snedeker - riding high with three straight Top Ten's including last week's gift
- Kyle Stanley - can he pull a "Rory" from 2011 and bounce back from his meltdown at Torrey Pines
PGA Tour Tee Times & Leaderboard