- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE RESTRICTED, TAXED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Preliminary Information. The ADT Pulse Challenge (the “Promotion”) will begin on December 1, 2010 at 1:00 AM PT and end on January 31, 2011 at 11:59 PM PT (“Promotion Period”). All times in the Promotion refer to Pacific Time (“PT”). Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the Sponsor (as defined below) regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects. IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE APPLICABLE PROMOTION ENTRY PERIOD TIMES IN THEIR RESPECTIVE TIME ZONES BASED ON THE PROMOTION PERIOD STATED ABOVE.
- Sponsor. NBC Universal, Inc., 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10012 ("Sponsor").
- Eligibility. Open only to individuals who are legal residents of and physically residing in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or the District of Columbia, who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other United States territories. Employees, officers, and directors of Promotion Entities (as defined below), and their immediate family members (spouses and/or parents, children, and siblings, and their spouses, regardless of where they live) and persons living in the same household as these persons (whether or not related), are not eligible to enter or win the Promotion. Promotion Entities as referenced herein, shall include Sponsor, ADT Security Services, Inc., Tyco International (US), Ltd, Breakers Resort, World Golf Tour, Inc. (“WGT”) and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies, and their administrative, advertising and promotional agencies, legal advisors and any other entity involved in the development, administration, promotion or implementation of the Promotion.
- How To Enter. There are two (2) ways to enter the Promotion:
- To enter the Promotion by playing the Game: If you wish to enter the Promotion by playing the Game (as defined below), access the WGT website at www.wgt.com (the “Website”) during the Promotion Period. Log on to the Website using your WGT player name and password. If you do not have a WGT player name and password and wish to enter the Promotion by playing the Game, you will need to register to become a member of WGT by providing your name, email address, location, date of birth and other required information, and completing your registration for a WGT user account according to the instructions provided on the Website. Please note that you must agree to comply with the WGT Terms and Conditions in order to become a member of WGT. Once you have logged on to the Website, select, play and complete the designated Nine Hole Closest-to-the-Pin Challenge (the "Game") on the Website. The Game will require you to take nine (9) golf shots in an attempt to get the golf ball closest to the hole. Once you have completed the Game, you will receive one (1) automatic entry into the Promotion.
Time to play: Approximate time to play the Game is five (5) minutes.
You do not need to exhibit any skill level or achieve a specific score to be entered into the Promotion by playing the Game. Your performance in the Game will not affect your chances of winning the Promotion. Please note that if you are automatically entered into the Promotion, but you do not meet all eligibility criteria described in the “Eligibility” section of these Official Rules, you will not be eligible to win a prize.
All electronic entries must be received by 11:59 PM PT on January 31, 2011. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Promotion. You may play the Game as often as you wish during the Promotion Period, however, you will only be entered into the Promotion once, after the first Game you complete. Use of multiple email addresses or multiple WGT user accounts to enter is prohibited. Use of a false email address or a false WGT user account, or an incorrect mail address will disqualify an entry. BY ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, YOU AGREE THAT ALL SUSPECTED FRAUDULENT OR IMPROPER ENTRIES AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION MAY BE DISQUALIFIED BY SPONSOR AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION.
- To enter the Promotion without becoming a member of WGT or playing the Game: If you wish to enter the Promotion without becoming a member of WGT or playing the Game, hand-write your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, and date of birth on a 3"x5" card and mail the card in an envelope with proper postage to: World Golf Tour, Inc., ADT Challenge Entry, 180 Sansome Street, 5th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104. Mail-in entries must be hand-written, legible and mailed in a separate outer envelope. Computer generated, typewritten, and other electronically or mechanically reproduced mail-in entries are not acceptable. Sponsor will disregard any mail-in entries that do not conform to the requirements herein and any such mail-in entries will not be eligible to enter or win.
Mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Promotion Period and received by February 7, 2011.
All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Other than the methods described above, no other methods of entry will be accepted. Limit one (1) entry per person, per WGT user account, and per email address regardless of method of entry. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, illegible, mutilated, postage-due, garbled or delayed entries or other communications or other technical problems related to entries or to the Game. Sponsor and its affiliates accept no responsibility for entries lost or delayed in submission. Proof of submission of an entry is not proof of receipt. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Website, or who otherwise violates these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an entry, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account designated in the entrant's WGT user account will be deemed to be the entrant. An "authorized subscriber" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Winner Selection and Notification. On or about February 28, 2011, one (1) grand prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing by a representative of Sponsor from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified on or about February 28, 2011 by an email sent to the email address designated his/her WGT user account, or the email address written on the mail-in entry. Potential Grand Prize Winner may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and, except where and as prohibited, a Liability and Publicity Release and/or show proof of identification within three (3) days of attempted notification, or within such other time period designated by Sponsor, in order to claim the applicable prize. If the potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be contacted at the provided email address, is contacted and does not respond as directed within three (3) days of attempted notification, or within such other time period designated by Sponsor, refuses the applicable prize, is ineligible to accept the applicable prize, or does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, the applicable prize may be forfeited and, time permitting and at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
- Prizes. There will be one (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize or “Prize”) awarded to the Grand Prize Winner.
Grand Prize: The Grand Prize will consist of the following elements, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion: (i) Roundtrip economy/coach airfare for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest (“Guest”) from a major commercial airport near Grand Prize Winner’s residence to Palm Beach International Airport; (ii) three (3) nights, four (4) days hotel accommodations (standard room, double occupancy) at the Breakers Resort from November 12-15, 2011; (iii) ground transportation to and from Palm Beach International Airport to Breakers Resort Hotel, and; (iv) VIP entry for Grand Prize Winner and Guest to the ADT Golf Skills Challenge (“Prize Event”). The Grand Prize also includes the following Prize Event VIP elements: (i) two (2) invitations to the Welcome Reception scheduled to take place on November 13, 2011; (ii) two (2) VIP passes to the taping of the ADT Golf Skills Challenge scheduled to take place on Monday, November 14, 2011; (iii) two (2) invitations to the ADT Golf Skills Challenge Champions Dinner scheduled to take place on Monday, November 14, 2011, and; (iv) the option to play in the ADT Skills Challenge Pro-Am scheduled to take place on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at the Breakers Resort.
Estimated Retail Value (“ERV”) of the Grand Prize is three thousand five hundred dollars ($3,500). Actual value may vary depending on city of departure and dates of travel. Any differences between stated ERV and actual ERV will not be awarded. Grand Prize Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 from Sponsor for the total ERV of applicable Prizes for the calendar year in which such each Grand Prize was won. VIP elements of Grand Prize have no monetary value.
Travel, accommodations, and golf course related restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply to Grand Prize and may include, without limitation, seasonal restrictions, scheduling restrictions, and time-based restrictions (e.g., expiration dates). Travel arrangements are subject to availability.
All details of the Grand Prize, including, if applicable, seating shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, subject to availability and Prize Event exigencies. If the Prize Event, or any component of the Grand Prize is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed prior to Grand Prize Winner’s trip, or in the event that any Grand Prize (or portion thereof) component is not available for any reason, then remaining elements of Grand Prize (or portion thereof) shall be awarded and shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, golf courses or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. Grand Prize must be redeemed and used entirely between November 12, 2011 and November 15, 2011, or the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent and on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Certain travel restrictions and black out dates may apply. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date and destination, and the same return date, and failure to do so will result in forfeiture of Grand Prize. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all expenses and costs associated with acceptance and/or use of the Grand Prize not specifically stated herein as being awarded.
Except as otherwise explicitly stated above, Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for transportation to and from any Grand Prize related events or destinations, any incidentals, including, without limitation: meals, telephone calls, facsimile charges, Internet charges, spa/beauty salon services, laundry, tours/excursions, gift shop purchases, hotel processing fees, and any other expenses not mentioned in these Official Rules. Any extra nights stay and any additional costs associated with an extended stay are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize Winner. Additional restrictions may apply. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must hold valid documentation for travel, and both are responsible for any insurance arrangements. Grand Prize Winner must confirm travel dates within seven (7) days of prize notification, but in no event later than September 15, 2011 or Grand Prize will be forfeited. Flight and accommodations will be booked by Sponsor. Airline tickets and accommodations must be used together and are subject to availability and certain restrictions. Sponsor cannot guarantee that Grand Prize elements will be available on the exact dates specified above. If for any reason any portion of any Grand Prize is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or becomes unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Promotion in its discretion and/or award a substitute Grand Prize or Grand Prize component of comparable or greater value. If Grand Prize Winner chooses to take the trip with no Guest, the remaining elements of Grand Prize shall be awarded and shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to Grand Prize Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Guest must be the age of majority in his/her state of residence as of the first date of travel and must execute and return a release of liability and, except where prohibited, publicity release (collectively “Guest Documents”), which must be returned to Sponsor by a date specified, or Guest portion of Grand Prize will be forfeited. If Guest is a minor, Grand Prize Winner must be Guest’s parent or legal guardian and must execute Guest Documents on such minor’s behalf.
All taxes, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local income or other taxes, are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. No substitution of Prizes for cash or for other goods and services is permitted. Prizes may not be re-sold via online auction websites such as ebay.com. All Prizes claimed properly in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded.
The name of the Grand Prize Winner is available by sending a stamped, and self-addressed envelope marked to "The ADT Pulse Challenge Promotion”, 180 Sansome Street 5th floor, San Francisco, CA 94104. Requests for winners list must be received by February 14, 2011.
© 2010 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved.