Forums

Help › Forums

Win some free Bridgestone golf balls ...

Tue, Jul 22 2014 7:22 PM (6 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Mon, Jul 21 2014 12:53 PM

If you play the real game, TheSandTrap.com is having a contest where you can win up to six boxes of Bridgestone golf balls ... (so for you real life high-handicappers, about a month's worth of balls if you play a couple times a week!  lol.)

Unfortunately, this contest is only available to US residents (sorry non US fans).

Check out the website and make your predictions!  Good luck everyone!

Kat ♥

2014 PGA Championship Prediction Contest

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 1:33 PM

Very cool Kat, to share this with the community.

1 box of Bridgestone balls would last me a lifetime............

Many of us are golfers but seldom share offers, deals around etc.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 2:40 PM

alanti:

I know what my chances are at winning ... and while Bridgestone isn't my preferred ball, I will use them on a few local courses where a bit of extra spin is the difference between birdie/par and bogey.

If I'm lucky, I'll get 30 - 40 rounds out of a dozen balls ... so a box is only good for about 6 months before they find their way into my shag bag or donated to the local high school.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 4:12 PM

DaddysKat:

alanti:

I know what my chances are at winning ... and while Bridgestone isn't my preferred ball, I will use them on a few local courses where a bit of extra spin is the difference between birdie/par and bogey.

If I'm lucky, I'll get 30 - 40 rounds out of a dozen balls ... so a box is only good for about 6 months before they find their way into my shag bag or donated to the local high school.

I got more Golf balls then I know what to do with.  Maybe they will let me exchange the balls for a nice new Vokey 62 degree wedge.  I could use one of those.

Seriously though, I love these types of giveaways.  I must enter 15-20 of them for the courses in my area during every Major.  Have yet to win anything though lol

- WGTdbloshoe

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 4:46 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    I got more Golf balls then I know what to do with.

Check your local high school's golf team.  They can always use golf balls (and gloves, cleats and used clubs).  Even the real crappy balls are great for someone's shag bag.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 5:05 PM

DaddysKat:

WGTdbloshoe:
    I got more Golf balls then I know what to do with.

Check your local high school's golf team.  They can always use golf balls (and gloves, cleats and used clubs).  Even the real crappy balls are great for someone's shag bag.

I personally go to First Tee to donate stuff.  I really love that program and what they do.

- WGTdbloshoe

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 7:22 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    I personally go to First Tee to donate stuff.  I really love that program and what they do.

I think First Tee is great if your area doesn't have a local high school golf team ... but if you do, that set of used clubs will do your high school a lot more good than giving your equipment to First Tee.  

Since both contributions are tax deductible, if you are in an area where the high school has a golf team, give your used equipment to them.  Many of the golf equipment stores give discounts to high schools for equipment maintenance (grips, shafts, adjust the lie angle, etc.).  It's a lot cheaper for the high schools to get your used equipment set up for a member of their team than it is for them to buy new equipment ... even at discounted prices.

I remember having to sell candy bars and wash cars on weekends ... and if it wasn't for the donations from our local golf courses' men's and ladies' clubs, we wouldn't have been able to fund our golf team.  And, yeah, I played with donated golf balls in high school ... so did pretty much everyone else on the team.

I feel you should give your used equipment to your local high schools and give First Tee cash contributions.  Who knows ... maybe some day the next "Jack Nicklaus", "Arnold Palmer", or "Tiger Woods" just might get their start using your donated equipment.

Kat ♥

RSS