Sat, Dec 31 2016 3:11 PM (24 replies)
  • ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2014 7:53 AM

Here are several things you might consider taking advantage of:

ROBELLIOT:

cpu meter usage/history 

:550:0]

The above image shows my cpu meter activity.

1st part of the image shows how my CPU runs when i have selected a balanced power plan.

2nd part of the image shows how my CPU runs when i have selected high performance. 

Go to , Control panel >-system &security ->Power options select> select high performance.

Hope this helps , there are many ways to optimise your P.C's configuration. For the hour or so while i'm playing WGT i also .Select, Computer (right click) >properties>advanced system settings>select performance /settings>best performace Click apply / ok.

On exit i revert to let windows decide what's best for my computer settings. Rob.

Thanks Rob.

Here are some other helpful links that will help the meter play smoothly on your computer:

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2014 8:38 AM

Thank you, I always forget about JAVA.

Just added this to ccleaner C:\Users\"ME-OR YOU"\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache

• Ashlinco
    303 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2014 12:19 PM

Thank You..A big improvement now with a smooth meter.Now if I could only hit the ding...lol..

Go to , Control panel >-system &security ->Power options select> select high performance.

Dawn

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2014 2:19 PM

I open new browser window for each game. Meaning i close all chrome browsers instance before start game everytime and open fresh instance. Only one chrome browser window. 

I use FF for email and browse.

Reason is memory leak in browser causes meter problem and when ever i had meter problem i solved this way. Exit game close all browser instance opened. Open new browser and rejoin.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Jun 21 2014 10:49 AM

You bet Dawn. Glad it helped.

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 5:39 AM

Always run your adware/malware/virus scan daily.    Adware pings the internet and makes your meter jump.  Discovered this after my son used my laptop and caused a lot of adware to make home on it. lol

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 9:34 AM

It's working for me.. thanks for sharing, Apex.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 3:37 PM
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 5:16 PM

ApexPC:

Great thread Apex

One thing I noticed this morning.  I cleared my Cache for the first time in ages and got a Jumpy Meter straight after.

Makes me think that my game was loading the files off the Wgt severs instead of my Puter, which was causing the jumpy meter.

-Roger

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 5:19 PM

mantis0014:

ApexPC:

Great thread Apex

One thing I noticed this morning.  I cleared my Cache for the first time in ages and got a Jumpy Meter straight after.

Makes me think that my game was loading the files off the Wgt severs instead of my Puter, which was causing the jumpy meter.

-Roger

browser and flash at the same time?

RSS