skip nav

Forums

G0LD's putting formula UPDATED.

Sat, Feb 22 2020 3:42 AM by jakovitjackson75. 199 replies.
  • Heath021 United States
    372 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2012 5:04 AM

    Formulas are nice...but I have found through many trials that they only work about 60% of the time...the other 40% is all memory. You usually get 3 versions of breaks, 1 for front view, 1 for reverse view, than another when you use chip view.  They all contradict each other at times...then its just a guessing game...lol. I have one that has been serving me well over the last few weeks.

    happy golfing

    Heath

  • G0LD Canada
    351 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2012 6:35 AM

    Jinpan:

    Ahhh  thx Gold that does clear things up for me.  I think it's great that you are sharing your knowledge with everyone and giving those of us who do choose to try to play the very best we can the opportunity to fine tune our skills.  At first read the information does seem overwhelming but as you say with practice it can become second nature.  Thank you so much for your quick reply and keep up the great work.!!!!   Jin.

    You are very welcome, my friend.

  • G0LD Canada
    351 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2012 6:47 AM

    Heath021:

    Formulas are nice...but I have found through many trials that they only work about 60% of the time...the other 40% is all memory. You usually get 3 versions of breaks, 1 for front view, 1 for reverse view, than another when you use chip view.  They all contradict each other at times...then its just a guessing game...lol. I have one that has been serving me well over the last few weeks.

    happy golfing

    Heath

    You keep saying you have a good approach to putting. Great! Now my friendly advice is either stop talking about it, or share it with others so they too can benefit from it.

    Also, you are right about inconsistencies between views (I have many times bemoaned that unfortunate, bewildering fact), But as I say, I predominantly rely on front view, while taking the reverse view into consideration. Lastly, yes, the reading of the putt being at times quite difficult, memory can be useful, if not indispensable. Having said all this, a guiding, working formula will generally be better than a hasty guess, with a prayer to St. Luck :-)

  • Heath021 United States
    372 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2012 6:56 AM

    Well gold, I HAVE shared with a few players. I think its great what you are doing with all this info...it has helped me create my own way.  That's all I am saying, take the info that is given and create what works for you.

    Peace and have fun!

    Heath021

  • G0LD Canada
    351 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2012 7:15 AM

    All right, Heath., fair advice, thank you.

    Please at least share with Woodoworkery as well, as he appears to be struggling and getting frustrated with his putts. 

    :-)

  • Woodoworkery United States
    3,443 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2012 8:09 AM

    Thanks Gold for the reference, but have asked him , and got ignored , he just doesn't want to share. 

    But I  have a work in progress, it's not 100% but close. Its hard to explain but here we go.

    look at where the hole is in relation to the vert.line on the grid move the marker on the opposite side of the line the same amount. Now go to front view, as soon as it shows the view notice where the moving dots start to move, the marker should be there, if not go back to reverse view and move it in the direction to get it there, back to front view  and check it. If it is good try to miss the ding about 1/16 in the direction the dots are moving., In other words if dots are going from R to L miss ding on the R.

    Now on long putts you may have to move the marker 1 or maybe 2-3 squares, but when you check it in the front view the marker will still be on the opp. side of the Vert.line and the same distance the hole is off. Also sometimes you have to move the marker in the middle of the hole and the vert,line , but you will know this  when needed.

  • G0LD Canada
    351 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2012 8:49 AM

    That approach is radically different, and to be frank, I don't understand it. Anyway, if you find it works for you, great! I wish you the best :-)

  • Heath021 United States
    372 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2012 10:04 AM

    Woodoworkery, I responded to your email you sent me...I did give you my advice. Don't understand why you haven,t recieved it. Check your messages?

    So, Don't accuse me of ignoring you..lol

     

  • Woodoworkery United States
    3,443 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2012 11:01 AM

    Just checked, na da. All I know is I wrote you, and got no reply .Maybe  somehow it never got sent, try sending it again. I have the luxury of working for myself so I am on here just about 24-7, not that I play all that time , but I'm here if anyone needs to get in touch with me.

    SORRY if there has been a miscommunication  issue. due to a WGT error  

  • Woodoworkery United States
    3,443 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2012 5:46 PM

    OK Heath,  Since there seems to be a problem when you message me, as you told me again today that you did, just put it on my wall I know I will get it then.

    Gary

RSS