Forums

Help › Forums

Nor'Easter Winds - The Club At Morgan Hill (March 12, 2010)

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 16 2010 2:32 PM (5 replies)
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 11:25 AM

Hi All...

I thought I would share this.  Last weekend's Nor'Easter storm brought my area a good 6-8 hours of SUSTAINED 30-40 MPH winds - gusting as high as 70 at times.

This quick video from the 6th Green at The Club At Morgan Hill (where I live)  tells the story:

player.php?v=x5rvk2&s=5

This looks eerily similar to the "teaser" video that MrWGT posted about 6 weeks ago for St. Andrews.

Regards,  AtlantaCoaster (now living in Easton, PA)

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 11:58 AM
    Whew! Checked the website... it's a good looking golf course. Won't go so far as to recommend it to WGT. And I love the clubhouse. Appears if you walk it it'll keep a person in pretty good shape.
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 1:56 PM

Several times a year in California we have a condition known correctly as Santana winds that are always incorrectly referred to as Santa Ana winds by weather people and most everyone else...anyway, they come off the desert and are hot, dry and very ardent, reaching 60+ mph in a constant direction from east to west. Playing in this condition will produce 350 to 400 yard drives along with ones 160 yards if nutted. But it is always fun to sample, and when the 19th shows up you will adore it with a sunburn, a hairdo that can't be described and a thirst that demands serious attention.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 2:04 PM
    I loved the depiction of the Santana winds in L.A. in the Richard Gere film "Breathless". Psychologically they explained why everyone was going a little bit crazy.
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 2:15 PM

Doublemochaman:
    I loved the depiction of the Santana winds in L.A. in the Richard Gere film "Breathless". Psychologically they explained why everyone was going a little bit crazy.

A little bit crazy? I feel like I'm living in a gigantic nut house with awesome weather...it's like a who's who of the criminally insane led by Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer with Maxine Waters and Henry Waxman as backup.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 2:32 PM

Doublemochaman:

LOL, DMM-They will definitely drive you nuts. It was like living in a blast furnace in the SF Valley when they came through. Then the fires get going and you wonder if there's a lower power playing around.

RSS