Forums

Help › Forums

GREEN "PIN" PLACEMENT

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 29 2020 5:29 PM (6 replies)
  • BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sun, Apr 15 2012 7:19 AM

I realize this subject has come up before....but, wish to bring it up again here.  WHY on all of the courses, are there ONLY (2) pin placements?  WGT changes the wind speed and direction as well as the green speeds.  Seems to me, WGT could CHANGE the "PIN PLACEMENTS" to different locations...maybe to a different location ONCE per month.

Part of what makes WGT golf so fun and challenging.....is the VARIETY of the courses and the playing conditions.  I know in PGA Tournaments (4 rounds of golf are played)...they CHANGE the pin placements on every green for each of those 4 rounds of golf.

There are a LOT of incentives to keep coming back to WGT nearly every day to play golf....I would THINK, that moving the PINS around on the greens would make all of the holes and courses just more CHALLENGING.  The better WGT players here don't just shoot for the "greens", like me, I'm shooting for the PINS.  Some of the long time players here have some of these holes "down to a fine art"...after awhile, some holes just aren't very challenging.  With computer technology......just seems like a pretty easy thing to do....to move the PINS to a variety of locations.....even in the CTTH challenges.  Moving the PINS around on those would make them more interesting as well.

Keeping the courses intersting & challenging....would seem to me, to be another incentive for WGT members to keep coming back.....and I feel SURE that's what WGT wants.  The more members who keep coming back (logging on) is good for their advertisers...you know, more eyes on the ADs.....just a thought here.

Does WGT......or other WGT members have any thoughts on this issue???

Thanks,

Bob

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Apr 15 2012 7:28 AM

It's all dependant on what pictures were taken at the time the course was visited. Hopefully in the future they will try to cater for more pin placements. 

• Rohaley
    35 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 9:33 AM

Yes, and with technology they should be able to make meter work. And remove the random crap. We play to get skill, then get metered on putts? Or the shot just goes off somewhere? That is ridiculous and NOT part of the game as Top Golf argues. They will not listen, they just suspend you.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 3:47 PM

is this Necro day?

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 5:08 PM

Mythanatos:

is this Necro day?

Yes, actually, it is. At least on WGT, it is.

For whatever reason, for some people, older posts are simply showing up on the main page. People aren't going out and searching for them. People are simply replying and not always looking at the date. 

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 5:19 PM

Robert1893:

For whatever reason, for some people, older posts are simply showing up

Have seen a lot more actual "help" and "advice needed" posts since the update 2 weeks ago when the Forum was moved to the drop down menu on the Help tab up on top here. Could also be the reason for an increase in old threads showing up more as players not familiar with the Forum are at least using the Search window.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 5:29 PM

@twinponds169

That could be it. Good call.

RSS